Peppermint Twisted: A Candy Shop Mystery (Candy Shop Mysteries)

by Sammi Carter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 5/19/2012
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, May 19, 2012
From Amazon.

In Paradise, Colorado, Abby Shaw, the owner of Divinity candy shop, finds herself in a sticky situation when Felicity Asbury, the obnoxious director of the annual arts festival, is murdered and she becomes the prime suspect.

I really enjoy this series. The story was a good one, I couldn't figure out who did it or why and it wrapped up nicely in the end.

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (5/21/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to someone from the rabck 2012 birthday group as they have it on their wishlist.

Hope you enjoy the book and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a fantastic day!!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 28, 2012
Thank you for this wishlist birthday book and the very clever bead bookmark + the other goodies. I haven't tried this series before, but you can't go very wrong with a candy shop theme, can you? Looking forward to reading this when I've tackled all the promised tags.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, August 04, 2013
Over a year (!) later and I'm still reading promised tags. The only option is to tag somebody with this and Chania will be having Twisted Pepperment once I've visited the Candy Shop.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, September 01, 2013
The beginning was a bit blurry, but once you got over that the story was running smoothly. In real life this girl would be dead in no time, asking everybody poking questions - diplomacy certainly wasn't her forte. I did have my suspicions from early on, but I always suspect the worst of people... And I didn't solve the puzzle completely.
For a candy shop mystery candies played a smaller part one would have anticipated, except for the problem with peppermint and stiring this and that goody pan every now and then. Didn't tell much about their regular customers, what the shop looked liked or which sweets were Abby's favourite etc., things which always play an important role for instance in the tea shop mysteries and help to create a cozy atmosphere. Not once did my mouth water, but I did had the feeling of over-eating peppermint - you know how there is that sticky layer on your teeth for a long time afterwards.
I have two moore books of this series in store and I'll be happy to continue with those, so all in all it made a good read.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (9/1/2013 UTC) at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Off to Kokkola, enjoy Chania!

Journal Entry 7 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Thanks a lot! I have to get the second part of the series first, but then i'll read this!

Journal Entry 8 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, February 05, 2016
I quite agree with kirjakko! I would have liked to have more candy-shoppish stuff too :D But I've read the books in series in right order so far, and the big picture is getting more and more clear and interesting, so I don't mind!

Journal Entry 9 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, February 20, 2016
Sending to Appelsiini next!

Journal Entry 10 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, March 05, 2016
Thank you, Chania!

Journal Entry 11 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, August 02, 2020
This was nice little story about a typical little town. Although I'm always surprised how these little towns have so many successful entrepreneurs running their candy shops, themed book stores, tea and coffee shops etc. between all those huge mega markets selling everything you need...

Anyhow, this was good summer reading.

Journal Entry 12 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, August 02, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/3/2020 UTC) at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Kesäkuun kirja-arvonnan voittajalle. Onnea ja lukuiloa! :)

Journal Entry 13 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, August 06, 2020
Thank you very much for this wishlist book!