Can't Wait to Get to Heaven

by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/17/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, May 17, 2012
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Amazon Editorial Review

Life is the strangest thing. One minute, Mrs Elner Shimfissle is up a tree, picking figs to make jam, and the next thing she knows, she is off on a strange adventure, running into people she never expected to see again, in the unlikeliest of places. Meanwhile, Elner's highly strung niece Norma takes to her bed, before embarking on a brand new career; Elner's neighbour Verbena turns to the Bible; her truck-driver friend, Luther Griggs, runs his eighteen-wheeler into a ditch; a dark secret emerges from the past - and the entire town is left wondering, 'What's life all about anyway?' Except for Tot Whooten, whose main concern is that the end of the world might come before she can collect her social security. A plea for honest doubt and humanity in an over-certain world, "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" is further proof that Fannie Flagg was put on this earth to write.

I read this a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (5/18/2012 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of the You've Got Mail Sweeps.
I'm sorry that this is so late. When I saw it on your wishlist I wanted to get hold of a copy for you as I had loved it when I read it. I ordered it from an on line book shop, the first copy was lost in the post so I had to find another copy on line, hence the delay!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 28, 2012
How lovely! Thank you. I love wishlist books!

Journal Entry 4 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (2/12/2014 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to Bloedengel as part of the 2014 Birthday Group. Happy birthday!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, July 18, 2014
Thank you very much ! As you see, it was very good of you to remind me of packages earlier left unopened.
I'm like having celebrations all the time ;)
(any reason 'll do to cover up my lack of selfcontrol ;)))

Journal Entry 6 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, January 12, 2015
Lovely, charming, sometimes even funny, sad ...
A nice story. I would have liked some more 'action' though :))

Journal Entry 7 by winghoerawing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, January 16, 2015
This book is for a short while at my place.

Journal Entry 8 by winghoerawing at Eetcafé Bed & Breakfast Edelweiss in Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/1/2015 UTC) at Eetcafé Bed & Breakfast Edelweiss in Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Veel leesplezier !

Journal Entry 9 by winghoerawing at Eetcafé Bed & Breakfast Edelweiss in Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Veel leesplezier !

Journal Entry 10 by wingEnitnajwing at Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 01, 2015
Took the book from the Turnhout meeting today, hopefully I'll be able to read it before the Oxford Convention. If not...too bad. Seems like a nice book!

Journal Entry 11 by wingEnitnajwing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 10, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

For the bookbuffet at the convention!

Journal Entry 12 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, April 11, 2015
What a well travelled book.
I have read other books by Fannie Flagg which I have greatly enjoyed, thus I look forward to read this one as well.

Journal Entry 13 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Tuesday, July 05, 2016
I read this book in snippets, however, it is a good book to pick up ones in a while.
I liked the book, I liked Elner and do believe we should all have an Elner in our lives or rather try to be a bit more like Elner.

Journal Entry 14 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, May 12, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2017 UTC) at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway

A kitten - enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
The book arrived today. Thanks Haugtussa!

Journal Entry 16 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Saturday, December 30, 2017
At first I found it a bit unorganized but as I got to know the characters I started to enjoy it more. I like it. Its funny and charming and it makes you think about how you live your life.

Journal Entry 17 by wingbabelfiskwing at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/11/2018 UTC) at Jönköping, Småland Sweden

On its way to BAMP

Journal Entry 18 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Thursday, April 12, 2018
Thank you babelfisk, the book arrived today!

Journal Entry 19 by wingBAMPwing at Grand Hotel Amstelveen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, April 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/18/2018 UTC) at Grand Hotel Amstelveen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Enjoy the book!

"Release 4 of the 52 Towns in 52 Weeks Challenge 2018"