The Lost Valentine

by James Michael Pratt | Romance |
ISBN: 031254748X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLadyIndigowing of Orange, New South Wales Australia on 5/14/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingLadyIndigowing from Orange, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 14, 2012
A love story within a love story, "The Last Valentine" weaves an emotional tale of love transcending time and space. On February 14, 1944, Caroline Thomas says goodbye to her beloved Navy pilot husband, who is being sent to the Pacific. She never sees him again. For 50 years, he is listed as Missing in Action. For 50 years, she waits for him to return. Then a miracle happens--Caroline receives his "last valentine" .

The movie The Lost Valentine was released in 2011 starring Betty White, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Sean Faris (Hallmark movie).

Journal Entry 2 by wingLadyIndigowing at Orange, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 12, 2013
I bought this book after seeing the movie with Betty White and Jennifer Love Hewitt & Ido recall there was some hype about how good this book was..

Well I have to say the movie was much more engaging.

It took me quite a while to get into this book - the storyline/plot was good, but Pratt's writing is terrible...sorry... It was a little difficult to follow where he kept changing points of view/narrators.
The book does differ in storyline from the movie and I think the changes were for the better.

Will be sending this onto my Valentine Exchange buddy - sorry to lumber you with this one - it is valentine's day themed in amy case & you might enjoy it, even if, as you read, you groan out loud... I did finish it, so that says something, right?!

Anyhow Happy Valentine's Day
;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingLadyIndigowing at Valentine exchange, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (2/11/2013 UTC) at Valentine exchange, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Happy Valentine's Day
;)

Journal Entry 4 by juli2007 at Beachmere, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely valentine surprises! The parcel arrived last Friday, though I have only now had a moment to myself to journal.