Do Fish Drink Water?: Puzzling and Improbable Questions and Answers

by Bill McLain | Reference |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 5/2/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2012
I love factoids..but it's time for this book to move on, silly fish on the cover and all.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (5/29/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out in MaryZee's Biographies of Things box.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, September 07, 2012
I'm taking this book from MaryZee's Biographies of Things bookbox. Looks like an enjoyable collection of knowledge tidbits!

Later: Very entertaining mix of Q&A, "factoids", and some personal anecdotes about interesting things that happened to the author due to his answer-man activities. Among my favorite bits:

From comments on elephant polo, "The most interesting rule is Rule 14, which states, 'Sugarcane or rice balls packed with molasses and rock salt shall be given to each elephant at the end of the match and a cold beer, or soft drink, to the elephant drivers, and not vice versa.'" Imagining the scenario that prompted that last bit amuses me very much!

And then there was the Dutch naval officer who, after getting some help from the author on a computer question, actually sought him out on a visit to San Francisco to thank him in person.

The book includes a number of web sites, though the fact that the list of search engines does not include Google provides an indication of the publication date (as does the comment that a search on "chocolate fudge cake recipe" only returns 4 links - I don't think any of the listed search engines would have such a scant return these days!).

Released 7 yrs ago (9/15/2012 UTC) at Post Office bookswap shelf (UBCZ), 353 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I'm releasing this book in memory of MaryZee; she will be missed...

***

I plan to leave this book on the book-swap shelf in the Tyngsboro post office lobby at about 11:30; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2012 You're Such an Animal" release challenge. ***