corner corner Chinglish: Found in Translation

Chinglish: Found in Translation
by Oliver Lutz Radtke | Humor
Registered by allysther of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/30/2012

status (set by BOOKWORMINUSALL): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, October 31, 2016

This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, October 31, 2016

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. This book will be heading out soon in honor of an exceptional woman who, somewhere, is probably disappointed that she didn't get another chance to give out Christmas gifts. ;)

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/7/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed for Arizona via media mail.

Released for pinkoeria & motherof11's E-less challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, December 04, 2016

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, hyphen8, for this book that came as part of a lovely little boxful of books that were once a part of Purple58's collection, who I never personally met...may she Rest In Peace. I will be deciding which few I'd like to keep to read, and will eventually Wild Release, and share them all with others, in order to help make Purple58's wish that all her books find good homes when she is gone come true. ; )

Journal Entry 5 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Released 11 mos ago (12/13/2016 UTC) at Miami, Florida USA

Controlled Release for:

1. *US* Only - "READ IT, SWAP IT, LEAVE IT" Bookring Game

2. What's in a Name (DragonGoddess) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/535547
HIN, LISH, LIS, FOU, RAN, LA, ION...C[hin]g[(lis)h]: [Fou]nd in T[ran]s[la]t[ion]

HAPPY READING! : )

Journal Entry 6 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, December 30, 2016

This book comes at a perfect timing, because I'm behind with my 2016 reading goals and can use some quick reads!

At first I was a bit turned off by the book, because I find it a bit mean-spirited to laugh at people who are learning English as a second language. After all, I have seen a lot of erroneous and nonsensical tattoos and displays of Chinese characters. Just as Chinese and Japanese may consider it cool to just have some English words on a t shirt, the reverse can be true for American products to have some Chinese characters on it. However, the author did say in the foreword that the intention is more for humor and as a way to understand the culture behind the language, so I try to relax and enjoy it.

Anyway, after reading the book, I will now look at the lawn and see little grass trembling in fear at my big feet, I will also try to fall gracefully should I ever find myself on slippery grounds (in China a slip sign I saw actually said Be Careful of Land Slide). It's actually nice that the police seems so caring for safety, and definitely comforting to know that there is a place where I can go to "free yourself from the misery of a existence."

This book will now continue its journey in the ring.

Journal Entry 7 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, April 09, 2017

Thank you so much for participating in my first ever
Group 3 "READ IT, SWAP IT, LEAVE IT" Bookring!!!

And THANK YOU for your patience in waiting for so long for me to be able to make a Journal Entry!!! ; ) Been a rough month, explained in part here. http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/5/533419/8913767

Journal Entry 8 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Reserved for booklady331's Virtural Non Fiction Bookbox Round 7 https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/518393/9012242