Golden Spiders, The

by Rex Stout | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by allysther of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/30/2012
Journal Entry 1 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, November 11, 2016
This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, November 11, 2016
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

She would have been the first to admit that she wasn't a very "good" BookCrosser: more often than not, she wouldn't journal the books she received...or if she did do a journal entry, it was anonymous because she wasn't logged into the site - like the one she wrote for this book.

But she did read many, many of them, and she usually had an opinion about them, too. Those of us in our TOC group were more interested in the company (and the food) than whether or not all the books on the table were "official" anyway...and Holly was always good company.

She was a strong-minded, independent woman, with a generous soul, a great sense of humor, and a limited tolerance for idiots. She was always open to new experiences. She knew what she believed in and was willing to fight for it if necessary.

She won't be coming to our meetings any more, and they won't be the same without her, but I'll try to imagine that she's off in Las Vegas having a fabulous time...and eating dessert if she wants to.

This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. This book will be heading out soon in honor of an exceptional woman who would be happy to see her books keep traveling.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Monday, November 14, 2016: headed for Florida the long way (media mail).

Released for RockDg9's The The challenge and Davros-10's 2016 TV Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Thank you so much for sharing with me. This looks interesting and that it will be a quick read. What a nice tribute to a friend.

Enjoy! KTM book For The "THE" Release Challenge 2017