The Twelve Clues of Christmas (A Royal Spyness Mystery Bk #6)

by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by weeder of Worthington, Ohio USA on 11/22/2015
Journal Entry 1 by weeder from Worthington, Ohio USA on Sunday, November 22, 2015
This is a Christmas themed Cozy Mystery by Rhys Bowen (A Royal Spyness Mystery Bk# 6) which has 9 books. At the back of the book are several seasonal recipes, i.e. Christmas Pudding, games, and explanations of old Christmas traditions such as Boxing Day.

But, it's still a Cozy with "accidents/murders?" and several intrigues. Enjoyable reading for the season, eh?

Journal Entry 2 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/13/2017 UTC) at Worthington, Ohio USA

Enjoyable series--I've read them all and was sad when I finished the last one. Perhaps, a new one will be added-we can but hope.

BCID # 679-11092682

Making its way to mcsar in Richmond BC, Canada. If you like this one try some of the others in the series.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, B.C. -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 25, 2017
Received as a generous book offer from weeder. Thank you once again for your generosity. I will add this to my summer pile. Can't wait to be introduced to the series and hope I'd enjoy it as much as you did.

Updated July 11, 207
I enjoyed the book very much. A quick easy read with interesting characters. I would read more in the series. I will be passing it along to another bookcrosser in RABCK sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 16, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/18/2017 UTC) at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the winner of the Royal Flush Sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 5 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Saturday, August 19, 2017
18 August 2017: The book arrived today. Thank you for your nice note.

Blurb: She may be 35th in line for the throne, but Lady Georgiana Rannoch cannot wait to ring in the New Year - before a Christmas killer wrings another neck.
On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - well, actually, my true love, Darcy O´Mara, is spending a feliz navidad tramping around South America. Meanwhile, Mummy is holed up in a tiny village called Tiddleton-under-Lovey with that droll Noel Coward! And I´m snowed in at Castle Rannoch with my bumbling brother, Binky, and sourpuss sister-in-law, Fig.
So it´s a miracle when I contrive to land a position as hostess to a posh holiday party in Tiddleton. The village is like something out of "A Christmas Carol"! But then there are 3 deaths, so-called accidents. Perhaps a recent prison break could have something to do with it ... that, or a long-standing witch´s curse. But after Darcy shows up beneath the mistletoe, anything could be possible in this wicked wonderland.

Journal Entry 6 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at Zirl, Tirol Austria

The book is on the way to keeta1 (New Zealand) as part of the "Tiara Sweepstakes, Sep. 2017".

Journal Entry 7 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, October 12, 2017
Oh interesting......winner or decoy of the Tiara Sweep??
Either way - thank you very much to PrincessRainbow for the book, which looks great and the lovely postcard with elephants on it :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, May 11, 2018
This is the first I've read in this series, but would read more if I came across them.
A lighthearted, fun cozy mystery, somewhat similar to an Agatha Christie novel.
Very "English" recipes and games at the end of the book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations on winning the Tea and Mystery Sweep :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by wingbluezwuzlwing at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Monday, May 28, 2018
Thanks for your generous parcel with the book of yet another series new to me (I've heard of the author though). I'm looking forward to tasting the tea with the herbs from New Zealand! The Chocolate Kiwi-Dollars somehow didn't last the short way to the piggy bank... ;-)
Thanks also for the bc labels and stickers, for the lovely postcard and your kind wishes. And all this on a monday, when there is usually no post at all - what a great way to start the week!
---
A nice cozy mystery, but also a manual for celebrating Christmas "the good old way", recipes included. My first in the series, too, but I've come across the first one recently, and I'll keep "Her Royal Spyness" in mind...