One Hot Murder (A Victorian Square Mystery) Bk.#3

by Lorraine Bartlett | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 9780425251904 Global Overview for this book
Registered by weeder of Worthington, Ohio USA on 2/18/2015
Journal Entry 1 by weeder from Worthington, Ohio USA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015
This is Book # 3 in Lorraine Bartlett's Series the Victoria Square Mystery.

Katie Bonner, the reluctant manager of Artisans Alley in the quaint shopping district of Victoria Square, is no stranger to ambivalence. Things have been going hot and heavy with pizza maker Andy Rust--so much so that Katie has moved in over his pizza parlor. But now that summer's ushered in a heat wave, an apartment above pizza ovens without an air conditioner is making Katie hot and bothered.

At the height of the heat wave, a tragic fire strikes Victoria Square. Wood U, a small store selling wooden gifts and small furniture, is destroyed. but the fire may just be a smokescreen--for murder. Because a body is found among the charred wreckage--and the victim didn't die from smoke inhalation. He was shot. Now--despite making Detective Ray Davenport hot under the collar--Katie is determined to smoke out a cold-hearted killer . . .

Journal Entry 2 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Monday, February 23, 2015
Lorraine Bartlett (aka Lorna Barrett) is a new author to me. I've just begun to read the first book in this Cozy Mystery Series of three books; A Victoria Square Mystery.

Book 1 is "A Crafty Killing
Book 2 is "A Walled Flower"
Book 3 is "Hot Murder"

Journal Entry 3 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, July 05, 2015
Book 3 of this ray is here, along with books 1 and 2. Can't wait to get into these books. And again, thank you, Weeder :)

Journal Entry 4 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2015
The last in this bookray.....I hope Ms. Bartlett/Barrett continues on with this series. While I do enjoy the Booktown series (I think that's the name of it) best, Katie Bonner is growing on me. Books 2 and 3 will be on their way to the next in line this Saturday.

Journal Entry 5 by katiesmama at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 08, 2015
Mailed media mail today, tracking 9114 9999 4431 4635 335691

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 11, 2015
This book is here. Thanks for sharing! Where does this go next?

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 03, 2015
This is another enjoyable mystery in the Victoria Square mystery series. I really like the main character Katie Bonner. I hope there are more books in this series.

Sending back to Weeder, along with #2 The Walled Flower. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/9/2015 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent back to weeder. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 9 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Monday, September 21, 2015
This little book has traveled its first BookRing and today arrived back in my mailbox in very nice condition. It enjoyed its travels but is now looking forward to a short rest on my book shelf until someone else requests it.

Journal Entry 10 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (9/22/2015 UTC) at Worthington, Ohio USA

Mailing this book to lils74 in Nepal. I hope it arrives in good condition. The books are yours to keep and you needn't worry about sending a book to me in return. Hope you enjoy this exciting little Cozy Mystery. Best Wishes!

Journal Entry 11 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Thursday, October 08, 2015
Thank you so much Weeder, this book arrived safely today along with book 2 - the first in this series was so much fun and I'm really looking forward to reading these ones as well! Really appreciate you sending them all this way!

Journal Entry 12 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Monday, December 07, 2015
Well, I'd intended to save this for later in the month to enjoy around Christmastime, but as you can clearly see, that did not happen. This last installment in the series was fun and enjoyable. It was nice to see Katie finally coming to terms with "her" inn being opened by someone else. The mystery in this book was a good one, though I did guess most of it, I still really enjoyed it. And am I the only one who gets so hungry when I read these because of all the details about Andy Rust's pizza making? :) Yum!

From looking at the author's page on fantasticfiction.com it looks like she has now started some other series, so this may well be the last Katie Bonner story. All three books in this series are with me now; I'd like to eventually pass them on to someone else all together, let's see.

Journal Entry 13 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015
I enjoyed this series, too. I always like to have the whole series before I start reading. Often I get mixed up if I read them out of order or can read only one or two in a series. I like the idea of sending a whole series together but the problem sometimes is that the person has already read some of the series so doesn't want those already read.

There are many Cozy Mystery readers in the US but when I have the whole series and offer it as a BookRing I get very few responses. That has surprised me.

Journal Entry 14 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Friday, March 10, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (3/10/2017 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal

Passed this one on to ApoloniaX as I think she will find some cozy-book-lovers at the Oslo convention she will be attending. It's traveling with book 1, and hopefully book 2 if I can find it…

Edit: Release #8 for Booklady331's 2017 KTM Challenge!

Journal Entry 15 by wingApoloniaXwing at Lalitpur, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Friday, March 10, 2017
It's with me now, getting read for Oslo...

Released 3 yrs ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Released at the International Bookcrossing Convention in Oslo - or somewhere in Oslo afterwards.