Inés of My Soul

by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 4/24/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Blurb:
This is the story of a passionate, powerful woman that history forgot - told through the unique talent of the world's finest storyteller. In an age of savage expansion in the Americas, Ines Suarez's husband disappears to the New World. Escaping the stifling restrictions of sixteenth-century Spain, Ines follows him into danger. Arriving to discover that her husband has been killed in battle, she is quickly thrown together with Pedro de Valdivia, war hero and field marshal to the famed conquistador Pizarro.
Together they wage a terrible, ruthless war against the indigenous Indians of Chile - a struggle that will change Valdivia and his daring conquistadora forever...

Released 6 yrs ago (5/11/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany

UnConvention Übergabe!
Auf Deiner Wunschliste gesehen...

Journal Entry 3 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Sunday, May 13, 2012
Und noch einmal Danke an dich, ApoloniaX! Bin ein totaler Fan von Isabel Allende.

Journal Entry 4 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, May 27, 2013
just started reading the book a couple of days ago and am about 100 pages into it. I still love the way Isabel Allende writes. There is no sensationalism, this is certainly not a page turner, but I find the writing super interesting and well done. I'm loving every page of it. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, June 07, 2013
Yup, just like I thought. Great book. Nice history lesson but beside that I like how Allende describes people and situations so well.

Journal Entry 6 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/13/2013 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

The book is going to Finland next!

Journal Entry 7 by TiiMa at Järvenpää, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much grovalskii! I'm going to read it soon, I hope. (Edited my catch a bit, regarding the place.)

Journal Entry 8 by TiiMa at Järvenpää, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 05, 2014
Well, didn't manage to read it soon - but now I have a good reason to finally finish this book, because I found the next reader.

Reserved for Soozreader :)

Journal Entry 9 by TiiMa at Järvenpää, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 11, 2014
Phuuuh, finally finished this. It was a hundred pages too long. I like Allende's style to write and with that was able to finish this.

Journal Entry 10 by TiiMa at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (8/12/2014 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Hah, I almost forgot to release this book... It's on it's way to Soozreader by courier. Thanks for the couriers!

Enjoy the read!

This is also part of a challenge at Finnish forum "Liskomiettisen toivelistakirjojen lukuhaaste".

Journal Entry 11 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, August 16, 2014
Thank you very much for this book which I received today in Sastamala!:)