On Beauty

by Zadie Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014101945x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Huffpuff of Singapore, Singapore Singapore on 4/14/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Huffpuff from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Saturday, April 14, 2012
Just picked this up at a used book sale for £1

Journal Entry 2 by Huffpuff at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 08, 2013
I am undecided about this book. I enjoyed the story and wanted to find out what happened but I really didn't connect with any of the characters. I was a bit confused as to what was going on at times, especially at the beginning. Would have liked a little more development. However, I have other books by the same author to read and I have not been put off!

This is now going to be a bookray in this order -

Ollie1976 (US)
adrienne10 (US)
Jirika (Germany)
Lamelemon (Romania)
Queensissi (Portugal)

Please let me know if there are issues with this order.

Enjoy!

Updated - I have had to change the order of this bookray, hope this still works for all.

Journal Entry 3 by Huffpuff at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, August 16, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (8/16/2013 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is now on its way! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Ollie1976 at Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 27, 2013
received today as part of bookray-thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by Ollie1976 at Tampa, Florida USA on Friday, January 03, 2014
I've PMed the next person on the list for the bookray. I can't seem to get into it and I've tried a few times.
adrienne10 has opted to pass on this bookray.

Journal Entry 6 by Ollie1976 at Gibsonton, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (1/7/2014 UTC) at Gibsonton, Florida USA

being sent to next person in bookray

Journal Entry 7 by wingjirikawing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, February 03, 2014
Hello! The book arrived safely last week and is ready to be read. Thank you all so much for sharing and sending!

Journal Entry 8 by wingjirikawing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, January 01, 2015
Hello, sorry sorry sorry that I had this book for so long. So many things happened this year, I married and had a baby son, so I completely forgot about it. Time to pass it on. Please forgive me.

Journal Entry 9 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, January 23, 2015
The book is now safe with me, thank you so much.
I still have two other books to finish before I get to it, but I hope it won't take me long.

Cheers to you all, and congrats Jirika! Wishing you all the best!

Journal Entry 10 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, May 01, 2015
This book made quite an impression on me. It seemed to me the characters were very well shaped, and their issues very varied and fine grained. From academics to street culture, from budding, raging hormones to mid-life crisis, the book has it all. It has been a pleasure reading it.

And I have to add I have finished reading this book while on the tube from eastern London to Heathrow, a week after the Oxford Bookcrossing Convention, so the book added another great story to its travels.

Thanks for sharing. PMing the next in line.

Journal Entry 11 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, May 23, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/23/2015 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

On its way to Queensissi in Portugal. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by QueenSissi at Queluz, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, June 11, 2015
It has arrived and I have started reading it. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Journal Entry 13 by QueenSissi at Queluz, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, June 11, 2015
It has arrived and I have started reading it. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Journal Entry 14 by QueenSissi at Queluz, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Tuesday, February 23, 2016
As you can see, it took me ages to read it. I had to read other books in between because i just wasn't captivated by it.

It is not that it's a bad book, it's just that the author tries to juggle so much at the same time that sometimes it is just more than enough.

I have a dad at my kid's swimming pool, who enjoys reading, so I'm going to see if he wants to read it. If he wants it, I'll release it to him, if not, I will release it in my library since they have a BCspot.

...

I have given it to the person at the swimming pool - I hope he will come and post it.