Hostile Intent

by Clive Egleton | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by dancermum of Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on 4/10/2012
Journal Entry 1 by dancermum from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Hostile Intent is an old-fashioned spy story, Clive Egleton's first to feature SIS agent Peter Ashton. The well-paced novel begins with the assassination of Bob Whittle, a member of the British Army's Intelligence Corps, shortly after his meeting in Dresden with Galina Kutuzova, a GRU officer who reports to the KGB. Galina has been selling information to Whittle, while her partner, Yuri Rostovsky, has been peddling it to the Americans. Together they have profited by selling classified information to the French. Ashton is called in to to investigate Whittle's murder -- a task that proves difficult given the unwillingness of the Foreign Office to blame the Russians for anything in light of the Cold War's demise. The KGB kills Rostovsky and Galina flees to avoid attempts on her life while Ashton, trying to spook a GRU officer into contacting Moscow about Galina, pretends to be a double agent, risking his credibility with his own superiors. Egleton ratchets up tension as Ashton tries to find Galina before the KGB can locate and kill her.

Released 10 yrs ago (4/10/2012 UTC) at Wellington Institute of Technology Library in Petone, Wellington Province New Zealand

New Release

Released 9 yrs ago (9/14/2012 UTC) at Wellington Institute of Technology Library in Petone, Wellington Province New Zealand

Hello Dear Reader,
I’m a very special book – you see I’m travelling around the world meeting new friends and I hope I’ve met another friend in you.

You've found your way into the BookCrossing website - congratulations.

Please make a quick journal entry to say that you’ve found me, discover where I’ve been, who’s read me and let them know I am safe in your hands.

Then READ ME, make an entry about what you thought of me, then RELEASE ME – pass me on to someone else who will enjoy me. You can then post a release note on the site so you can continue the record of the journey that I take and the lives that I touch forever more!

You were referred by WelTec. Welcome to the BookCrossing world.