Moody Gets the Blues (Moody Gets Blues)

by Steve Oliver | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 4/9/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, April 16, 2012
This book is available and will be released soon into the wild

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (1/29/2015 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Releasing as a selection from the Mystery VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is free to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, February 06, 2015
Thank you for sending to me from your Mystery/Thriller VBB. This looks kind of weird and quirky, just the kind of mystery I like to read. Thanks for starting this VBB!

Book #1 in the Scott Moody series: This first novel about a PI who is just out of a mental hospital and driving a taxi in Spokane, Wash., in 1978 has a few interestingly mordant moments, but they don't add up to much more than a decided oddity. "As I entered my apartment I almost knocked over Irving. He's a philodendron who resides on the table by the front window. He passed away two months ago when I was first out of the hospital and not doing too well at taking care of other living things." So says Scott Moody early on, setting a coy tone that rapidly begins to grate. "It's 1978, after all, and things are strange for everyone." Moody, we soon learn, applied for his PI license while he was in the hospital, after having a hallucinatory chat with Humphrey Bogart. The case which keeps him busy when he's not pushing his cab around Spokane's seedier streets or fighting off the many women who seem to find him fascinating involves the missing husband of a temptress who was Moody's high-school flame.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2015
My Review: This was a fun book! The tone and humor reminds me of Carl Hiaasen. The Scott Moody character is really sarcastic and dry in his humor. He's down on his luck, but he isn't whining and throwing a pity party. He just keeps trying. There are a lot of eccentric characters that he meets along the way which make the story really stand out. i don't think I've read a mystery series with a former mental patient as the main character. I liked this book so much I put the other two Scott Moody books on my Amazon and Bookcrossing wish list.

Favorite quote from the book: "There are a million stories in the city and they were all written by Rod Serling."

Lumbermoose would probably like this, so I'm going to offer it to him before it's available.

Journal Entry 5 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, May 02, 2015
Thanks, Jenny. I agree that Oliver reminds me a lot of Carl Hiaasen.

Journal Entry 6 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/2/2015 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Passing back to JennyC to release.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 03, 2015
This book is reserved for: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 01, 2016
This book wasn't picked up from the Mystery VBB, so it's available.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 10, 2016
Reserved for Booklady331's ABC VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, October 14, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (10/14/2016 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Booklady331 from Booklady331's ABC VBB. Thanks for running it!

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, October 21, 2016
Book arrived today. This is a new author for me.

Journal Entry 12 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, June 09, 2017
First in the series. Another flawed main character. Nice to read the first book in a series first, first

Journal Entry 13 by wingbooklady331wing at Downtown in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Friday, June 09, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (6/9/2017 UTC) at Downtown in Raleigh, North Carolina USA