The Wizard of Oz (Puffin Classics)

by L. Frank Baum | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by bearyfriend of Singapore, Singapore Singapore on 4/8/2012
Journal Entry 1 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Sunday, April 08, 2012
Adventures of Dorothy and her dog, Toto. While typing this, I think of Tintin and Snowy.

Journal Entry 2 by bearyfriend at Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Thursday, May 02, 2013
I thought I have bought a book with missing pages at the first chapter, I read from internet that Dorothy was being told to stay away by Aunt Em, and how she decided to run away from home, but turned back after meeting Prof Marvel who told her that Aunt em was very ill, which is different from my book. Guessed it's the movie plot I was reading, as film adaptation usually requires more action if the book version is too straightforward.

Through my childhood I never read all these fairytales or fantasy stories. And now after reading I find that it's really a great and interesting read which I finished within a few hours till midnight. I just had to finish the last few pages even though it's past midnight and my eyes are getting bleary.

It's wonderful read about the Scarecrow who wanted a brain, but I thought he was still very smart without. And the Tin Woodman who was previously a human being, and the cowardly lion. I have hoped Wizard Glinda would turn the tinman back into a real man, and give the Scarecrow a brain. Nonetheless, still a wonderful magical read.