Ender's Game

by Orson Scott Card | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingerishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 4/6/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, April 06, 2012

I read this Hugo and Nebula winner years ago....I may reread (though my tbr is towering), may just release so it may find a new reader to excite :)

Amazon Editorial Review

In order to develop a secure defense against a hostile alien race's next attack, government agencies breed child geniuses and train them as soldiers. A brilliant young boy, Andrew "Ender" Wiggin lives with his kind but distant parents, his sadistic brother Peter, and the person he loves more than anyone else, his sister Valentine. Peter and Valentine were candidates for the soldier-training program but didn't make the cut--young Ender is the Wiggin drafted to the orbiting Battle School for rigorous military training.

Ender's skills make him a leader in school and respected in the Battle Room, where children play at mock battles in zero gravity. Yet growing up in an artificial community of young soldiers, Ender suffers greatly from isolation, rivalry from his peers, pressure from the adult teachers, and an unsettling fear of the alien invaders. His psychological battles include loneliness, fear that he is becoming like the cruel brother he remembers, and fanning the flames of devotion to his beloved sister.

Is Ender the general Earth needs? But Ender is not the only result of the genetic experiments. The war with the Buggers has been raging for a hundred years, and the quest for the perfect general has been underway for almost as long. Ender's two older siblings are every bit as unusual as he is, but in very different ways. Between the three of them lie the abilities to remake a world. If the world survives, that is.

Winner of the Hugo and Nebula Awards.

Journal Entry 2 by wingerishkigalwing at Miller Bird Refuge/Bonneville Glen in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, July 11, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (7/11/2016 UTC) at Miller Bird Refuge/Bonneville Glen in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

And I did reread. And re-enjoy :)

Left on stone seats near the west entrance. On the north-side path.

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, who are sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. We would be delighted if you would make a journal entry to say you have found the book. It is fun for other readers of this book to see where the book has traveled-sometimes around the world!

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me Erishkigal as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, July 17, 2016
Hello Erishkigal! I am so excited I found one of your releases!
This book is one of my son, Paul's favorite books! Hurray that I found it.
I enjoyed reading this book and thinking about Paul. Thanks for sharing the book with me.
I am now releasing it into our little free library/Paul's Pass Along Books OBCZ for another reader!