corner corner the mesmerist

the mesmerist
by Barbara Ewing | Literature & Fiction
Registered by aleonblue of Brisbane, Queensland Australia on 4/4/2012

status (set by goldenwattle): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Not a bad read.

From the Fantastic Fiction website:

"Barbara Ewing was born and brought up in New Zealand. Her lovely face is well-known to theatre fans as well as followers of the TV spoof soap ' Brass'. She recently appeared as Mrs. Hardcastle in the bristol Old Vic's production of SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER, her performance hailed as a 'cross between Brigitte Bardot and Beryl Reid'.

Unable to find stage work, actresses Cordelia Preston and Rillie Spoons need to find a way of making a living. Cordelia remembers the skills of her aunt and sets out to be a phreno-mesmerist, advising couples on their compatability and enlightening women on 'The Gentle Intricacies of the Wedding Night'. Cordelia finds that she does indeed possess the gift for mesmerism, and as her popularity grows, she and Rillie are finally living their dream. But events from Cordelia's past return to haunt her, and the women become embroiled in a scandal that threatens to ruin not only them but those they love ... "

Apparently there is a follow-up book to this one

Journal Entry 2 by aleonblue at Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 24, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/23/2012 UTC) at Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Releasing this somewhere around the GOMA/Museum/Performing Art complex for the Brisbane BC meet-up at "The Mummies" exhibition.

Journal Entry 3 by Hotfrog at Nundah, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 15, 2016

I picked this book up in Coffee Club at Nundah Shopping Centre.
I thought it was a great read. It has lots of twists and turns and surprises that made me eager to find out what would happen next.

Journal Entry 4 by Hotfrog at Nundah, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 27, 2016

I found this book in Coffee Club in Nundah.
I really enjoyed the book and its background of London and Wales, and mesmerism.
Taking to our meetup in Canberra today at Kingston foreshore.

Journal Entry 5 by winggoldenwattlewing at Kingston, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Picked up at the BC book meet at Kingston Foreshores, ACT. Thank you.

Journal Entry 6 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A reasonable read. I liked it better at the start and middle, rather than the end.

Journal Entry 7 by winggoldenwattlewing at Sheridan Bouteaque Cafe in Gundagai, New South Wales Australia on Friday, February 03, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/3/2017 UTC) at Sheridan Bouteaque Cafe in Gundagai, New South Wales Australia

Left at the Sheridan Bouteaque Cafe in Gundagai, NSW. One of the ladies running the cafe took it. I hope you enjoy it.

If you take this book the previous readers would really appreciate if you could please log your find. That way we can all follow the book's journey. Bookcrossing is spam free and your details are private, or you can log the find anonymously. Thank you and enjoy the read.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing