My Sister, Guard Your Veil; My Brother, Guard Your Eyes: Uncensored Iranian Voices

Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 4/2/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, April 02, 2012
In this anthology, famous Iranian writers, artists, and intellectuals challenge Western (mis)perceptions about Iran, a country which, as Marjane Satrapi puts is, is stuck somewhere between Scheherazade's famed One Thousand and One Nights and the bearded terrorist. The book showcases the real scope and complexity of Iran through the work of a stellar group of contributors-including Azar Nafisi (author of Reading Lolita in Tehran), Marjane Satrapi (author of Persepolis), Shohreh Aghdashloo (Oscar nominee for House of Sand and Fog) and Abbas Kiarostami (filmmaker of Taste of Cherry).

I picked up this book for its cover done by Marjane Satrapi, and I have to say I enjoy it more than I expected. I've learned a bit about Iranian culture and politics reading it. I released my first copy at the BC in DC convention, and this is the second copy I obtained at library book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Passport to the World VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/24/2012 UTC) at Passport to the World VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending to zzz, who wasted no time snatching it up from the box!
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by zzz at Rakovica, City of Belgrade Serbia on Thursday, September 06, 2012
"...who wasted no time snatching it up from the box!"
LOL! As if you were surprised :)