The pilot's wife

by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookaddict22 of St. Louis, Missouri USA on 10/19/2003
Journal Entry 1 by bookaddict22 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Sunday, October 19, 2003
This is an "Oprah Book Club" copy. Getting ready to start a bookring- PM me if you are interested and I would be happy to add your name to the list!

On October 28th- bookring started...
KarenZero- New York
butlin- New Hampshire
Jamieh2003- West Virgina
BestAunt- New York
DianeO- England
meganh- Australia
Mamikaem- Missouri
bookaddict22- back to me in Missouri

Interested in reading? PM me!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, November 20, 2003
Just arrived today...quite a happy surprise when I got home. I will start readin' tonight!

CAUGHT IN NEW YORK NY USA

Journal Entry 3 by KarenZero from Maplewood, New Jersey USA on Thursday, November 20, 2003
Whoops...that was not meant to be anonymous. It's me!

Journal Entry 4 by KarenZero from Maplewood, New Jersey USA on Saturday, December 06, 2003
Hey guys!

I'm almost done with the book...so sorry for the delay - it's been tough squeezing it in with finals, but it should be off to butlin on Monday!

Journal Entry 5 by KarenZero from Maplewood, New Jersey USA on Saturday, December 13, 2003
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, particularly because the language itself was quite beautiful at times. The story was interesting too - I couldn't help but feel angry along with the protagonist with all the plot twists...

Off to butlin in NH!

Journal Entry 6 by butlin from Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Monday, December 29, 2003
Received this over the Christmas holidays. I am working my way through all my book rings I ended up with and will get to this one asap.

Journal Entry 7 by butlin from Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Monday, February 09, 2004
I loved this book. It's the second I've read by Shreve. There were quite a few surprise turns in this book, which really kept it interesting. I can't wait to read something else by her. Off to Jamieh2003.

Journal Entry 8 by Bestaunt from Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 01, 2004
Received today from jamieh2003.

Thanks -- a nice surprise

Journal Entry 9 by Bestaunt from Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA on Thursday, April 01, 2004
Part of a bookring. Have to pass on to the next person.

Journal Entry 10 by Bestaunt from Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA on Thursday, April 15, 2004
Sending to DianeO today.

Journal Entry 11 by DianeO from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 21, 2004
Received today - thanks! Just need to finish the book I'm currently reading, then I can get started.

Update 24th April.
Wow, it's been a long time since a book made me cry, but this certainly did the trick! I was pulled into the story right away and couldn't put it down - I had to see how it ended. Read it straight through in one sitting.

Journal Entry 12 by DianeO at on Wednesday, April 28, 2004
Release planned for Friday, April 30, 2004 at Postal Release in Chesterfield, England United Kingdom.

Returning at the end of it's bookring. A great book- thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by bookaddict22 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Thursday, May 20, 2004
Thanks to everyone who participated in The Pilot's Wife bookring. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

It will rest peacefully on my bookshelf for now.