The Road

by Cormac McCarthy | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by worldbooknight on 4/23/2012
Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/23/2012 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

This book is a gift. It is one of 1 million which has been given in the UK & Ireland as part of World Book Night 2012 to spread the joy and love of reading. We are glad that you are now part of this great book’s journey, hope that you enjoy reading it and, once you have done so, passing it on to someone else who might enjoy reading it too.
World Book Night 2012 is all about introducing new readers to books and we’d ask that you please share this book with someone who does not read regularly and help inspire in them a love of books. When you pass it on, ask the next reader to record their own thoughts on this book by visiting www.worldbooknight.org and entering the unique identifying number.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsoffitta1wing at Dovercourt, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, May 21, 2016
A World Book Night copy bought in Frinton.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsoffitta1wing at The Purple Dog, Eld Lane OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (8/24/2016 UTC) at The Purple Dog, Eld Lane OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

On the shelf by the door.

Journal Entry 4 by Lukerik at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 05, 2016
I had this off the shelf within 30 seconds of entered the Purple Dog, but then, not to appear selfish, I asked my friend (Bookcrosser Jobando) if she were interested in reading it...

Journal Entry 5 by Lukerik at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 05, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (9/5/2016 UTC) at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

...and she said she was! So I never got it back. Later, I sneakily took the BCID as the chances of her journalling it are vanishingly small.

Journal Entry 6 by Lukerik at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 16, 2019
I stole this from Jo and read it. It reminded me a lot of Stephen King. If you took The Stand and The Long Walk and had a poet re-write them. Beautifully written, though not much on the story front.

Journal Entry 7 by Lukerik at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (5/21/2019 UTC) at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

This novel really stayed with me in a way that a lot of them don’t. Beautiful language and imagery.