Anita and Me

by Meera Syal | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by penelope4444 of Adelaide, South Australia Australia on 10/17/2003
Journal Entry 1 by penelope4444 from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, October 17, 2003
The bright pink cover attracted me, with the girl on it in the virulent yellow frilly dress. It's fun to read. Set in the North of England, it is the story of Meena who longs to escape from her un-trendy Punjabi migrant family and swing with Anita and the rough kids in her gang. The end is a bit too unrealistic perhaps for the rest of the story, but there are some salutory lessons to be learned here about tolerance and reserving judgment.

Journal Entry 2 by penelope4444 from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, November 11, 2003
Released to a fellow BookCrosser at the November meetup in Adelaide, when we were thrown out of Cibo Restaurant and made our way to the more welcoming Cafe Vagabondo.

Journal Entry 3 by Arrietty from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, November 12, 2003
I'm really going to enjoy this book. I'm lending it to a colleague first. She has seen the TV movie.

Released on Friday, January 09, 2004 at Burnside Shopping Centre in Burnside, South Australia Australia.

Healthy Life