Learn to Earn : A Beginner's Guide to the Basics of Investing and Business

by Peter Lynch | Business & Investing |
Registered by fanclub on 10/16/2003
Journal Entry 1 by fanclub on Thursday, October 16, 2003
Many investors, including some with substantial portfolios, have only the sketchiest idea of how the stock market works. The reason, say Lynch and Rothchild, is that the basics of investing - the fundamentals of our economic system and what they have to do with the stock market - aren't taught in school. At a time when individuals have to make important decisions about saving for college and 401(k) retirement funds, this failure to provide a basic education in investing can have tragic consequences. In Learn to Earn, Lynch and Rothchild explain in a style accessible to anyone who is high-school age or older how to read a stock table in the daily newspaper, how to understand a company annual report, and why everyone should pay attention to the stock market. They explain not only how to invest, but also how to think like an investor.

I found this an excellent read that made the subject of investing clear and easy to understand. I think young investors should definitely read this!

Released on Saturday, December 20, 2003 at SENT TO FELLOW BOOKCROSSER in RABCK, postal release USA.

Mailing off to Georgie-Shaw...hope it is educational for you!

Journal Entry 3 by Georgie-Shaw on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
Thanks fanclub!!!! This arrived in the mail today...go the RABCK - this book looks great; I'm looking forward to it's simplistic approach. I really appreciate you sending it all this way! And it'll be going on a RABCK once I read it.

PS I love your stamp on the envelope too!

13/8/06 Still yet tbr but reserved for banyantree who acutely noted my RABCK reference above.