I am David

by Anne Holm | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loopy1 of Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on 10/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 13, 2003
One of my all time favourite books, one which never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

David has lived his whole life in a concentration camp. Then one day a guard helped him escape, and David travelled the world for the first time, looking for somewhere he'd be safe.

Journal Entry 2 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 13, 2003
Collecting names for a bookring: (or ray - not decided yet!)

Silverstone - Sweden
Fofum - UK
VisualLimitS - Ontario, Canada
reader1212 - Washington, US - US only
bookaddict22 - Missouri, US
Christinebpc - Texas, US
Kernow8 - Virginia, US int. okay
Theresa-A - UK
YowlYY - UK (towards the end please)
back to me

Journal Entry 3 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, October 31, 2003
Posted today to Silverstone.

Journal Entry 4 by Silverstone from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, November 05, 2003
It arrived in the mail today, thanks loopy1!

It came perfectly as I need to take a break from another book I'm reading!

Journal Entry 5 by Silverstone from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, November 13, 2003
I can strongly recommend it! It's juvenile fiction really but to follow David while he runs to safety and discovers himself and his fellow humans is so beautiful.

Will send it on to Fofum as soon as I get the address...
I haven't been able to get in touch with Fofum but loopy1 has kindly offered to send it overseas... I will post it to her asap.

Journal Entry 6 by Silverstone from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, December 16, 2003
At last is this book on it's way back to loopy1, I'm sorry it took so long time! I hope the rest of the people on this bookring will enjoy 'I am David' as much as I did!

Journal Entry 7 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 31, 2003
This book is currently back with me as I obtain an address to send it overseas...

Update:
I did send this book off a while a go to VisuaLimits. I hope it hasn't got lost :-(

Journal Entry 8 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 08, 2004
I've just heard from VisuaLimits that this book never arrived. Oh well, it's probably in a lost property box somewhere :-(