Sing You Home

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by crossingguardma of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/24/2012
Journal Entry 1 by crossingguardma from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 24, 2012
Jodi Picoult writes novels that have a "'drawn from the headlines" theme, which very much interest me. I found it for sale for 50 cents at the local library so couldn't resist picking up.

From the book jacket..

Music has set the tone for most of Zoe Baxter's life. There's the melody that reminds her of the summer she spent rubbing baby oil on her stomach in pursuit of the perfect tan. A dance beat that makes her think of using a fake ID to slip into a mightclub. A dirge that marked the years she spent trying to get pregnant......

Journal Entry 2 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (3/24/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

As I have so many books to read, I am sending this home to Sylvan Lake with my friend, PaperTreasurer....with the promise she will save it for me when she is done.....

Journal Entry 3 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Back from sylvan lake...and she didn't journal!!!!!

Journal Entry 4 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 4, 2013
I really enjoyed this book despite the fact that I wasn't really sure what it was about. Picoult usually has obvious themes but this one wasn't as clear....is it about infertility, marriage, divorce, homosexualality, or music as the title suggests. Well it is about all of that. Modern day life I guess.

I found myself feeling all kinds of emotions in this book. I was sad, angry, furious, happy, confused, puzzled. I guess that is what made it so good.

Being a teacher, I really looked forward to the chapters with Lucy.

Picoult books get you thinking for sure...and for once I like the ending of her book even though we don't have all the questions answered!

Journal Entry 5 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (7/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 6 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 14, 2013
Picked this up at the July book crossing meeting. I've never read a Jodi Picoult novel before so I thought I would give it a try.

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (8/10/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the August BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader

Journal Entry 8 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 10, 2013
I quite liked this book and I will probably read more of her books in the future. I too found myself getting angry at some parts and a bit confused in other parts but all in all I enjoyed it. The ending did surprise me a bit and I cheered because doing the right thing prevailed.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 12, 2013
Picked up this book at the August meeting. Just in case I don't have enough books!!

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 2, 2015
Well - tough reading in parts. Wouldn't recommend it for someone who is dealing with infertility issues. Raised some interesting 'topics' during the story and you really started to identify with the characters.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 7, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (5/9/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Writing up these release notes early as I will be coming to the meeting from out of town.

Journal Entry 12 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 9, 2015
Picked up at today's meeting, came home with double the number of books that I brought, eek!

Journal Entry 13 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 9, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (3/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

With another baby on the way, I have to purge my shelf a bit. I am returning this one to the group where it can find a new reader.

Journal Entry 14 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 31, 2019
The subject matter in this book will have the reader thinking about their own beliefs on equality rights for all involved - the rights of people who are gay, parental rights, and the rights of those who are not even born yet! The author once again writes about a sensitive topic and brings an understanding to the reader of what it looks like to walk a mile in her shoes,

Journal Entry 15 by L-Marie at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 12, 2019
Just picked this book up at last meeting, and looking forward to reading.