Disco for the Departed

by Colin Cotterill | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by jules5 of Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on 3/14/2012
Journal Entry 1 by jules5 from Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Read the second book (still can't find the first).Thoroughly enjoyed it, through first two chapters already.

Journal Entry 2 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, March 25, 2012
Having read The Coroner's Lunch, I was so looking forward to this one (have yet to locate 33 teeth) and it did not fail to please. Dr Siri is more laid back in this 3rd instalment probably because he has come to terms with his ability to host the spirits. The Government also seems to have become less of an obstacle ; Siri's only real opponent in this is Judge Haeng, whom he despatches with ease. I preferred though the more conniving Siri of the last book as he worked the system to his advantage. Here, he has to contend with a wily Cuban doctor who really doesn't come into his own until the last chapters.
I love this series of books; they are witty and unusual combining the supernatural with good old fashioned detective work..not unlike the Ladies Detective Agency series.

Journal Entry 3 by jules5 at BookCrossing, -- Tåg, bussar och färjor -- Sweden on Monday, April 02, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/2/2012 UTC) at BookCrossing, -- Tåg, bussar och färjor -- Sweden

Sent as part of the Tea and Mystery/Crime Sweepstakes...happy reading

Journal Entry 4 by gunmarga at Hörby, Skåne Sweden on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Thank you jules5 for this book and all tea. I feel lika a big winner.

Backside: The surprise appearance of a mummified arm protruding from a concrete path leading to the President's new mansion has caused an understandable degree of embarrassment. Dr Siri finds himself despatched to discretely disinter the body attached to the arm, identify it and determine the cause of death.
Reluctant national coroner, confused psychic and disheartened communist, Dr Siri Paiboun, gets on down in this third instalment of the wittiest and most inventive crime series in print.

Edit: My opinion: A very interesting book. I appreciated the atmosphere of Laos and all mysterious things that happened. A main figure I loved to followed in the story was Geung, a young man with Down's syndrome. I think this book was a good reading.

Journal Entry 5 by gunmarga at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/12/2012 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Now the book will be sent to Vilda, another bookcrosser in Sweden . Trevlig läsning

Journal Entry 6 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Friday, July 13, 2012
Thank you! I heard a ot about theses books but have yet to experience them so I am looking forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 7 by Vilda at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, March 17, 2019
This was a nice enough read. Pleasant and left a good feeling.