Blindsighted [Book Ring]

by Karin Slaughter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by talkland of Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on 10/9/2003
Journal Entry 1 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Thursday, October 09, 2003
This is a great first novel by an author who is worth watching.

Sara Linton is a paediatrician and medical examiner for the quiet town of Heartsdale. Her medical examiner work stops her for getting bored treating kids sniffles all day. Her love life is non-exist as she is still hung up on her ex-husband, the chief of Police Jeffrey Tolliver. That all changes when she discovers Sibyl Adams bleeding to death after being slashed and raped in a local diner's ladies' toilets. Then Sara finds another victim of this sadistic madman. It looks like this particular pervert [that really is a too minor word for it] is focusing on Sara in some bizarre way. Together with her ex, Sara must discover who is behind these gruesome and vicious acts.

Journal Entry 2 by talkland from Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom on Thursday, November 06, 2003
If you don't want to experience shock and horror, this is not the book for you. The crimes in this tale are particularly chilling and gross. If you do like a gripping crime story then PM me with your BookCrossing name, location and shipping preferences. Thanks.

Talkland [UK]

Wandeca [Ontario, Canada]
Rhenium3 [Czech Republic]
Zyana [Portugal]
Talkland [Eastbourne, England]

Some guidelines to help the book on its journey:

1 The names in Red will indicate who has received the book with the last one obviously the current possessor.
2 On receiving the book write a journal entry so we can all keep track of where it is.
3 The person with the book PM's the next one on the list for their address.

Journal Entry 3 by talkland at on Thursday, November 13, 2003
Released on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at the post office to a fellow BookCrosser posted from Eastbourne, England United Kingdom.

What a lucky girl that Starbytes is! She is first up in two of my book rings going out today. Which will she finish first?

Journal Entry 4 by starbytes from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 02, 2004
Received this today! Thank you, talkland!! Will read asap, but please be patient with me coz I have a few bookrings/rays before these. Am reading each one in record time! LOl!

Update 9th April 2004: I received Kisscut by the same author just a few days before I got this book. By some fluke I picked this one up first, and I'm glad I did coz I didn't realize they were in sequence! This was a really great read, Slaughter really knows her stuff, and I loved the way she fleshed out the characters. Each one of them were very real with very unique personalities and quirks of their own. The storyline itself was intense, the way things moved so fast and how everything worked out. Definitely an author to watch out for! Thanks, talkland!

Will mail to next in line asap!

Journal Entry 5 by starbytes at on Friday, April 16, 2004
Release planned for Saturday, April 17, 2004 at Another bookcrosser in Arizona, United States of America Controlled Releases.

Mailed to Soraidh! Enjoy!