To the Lighthouse (Wordsworth Classics)

by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingReleannawing of Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on 3/6/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingReleannawing from Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Tuesday, March 06, 2012
From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. British actress Juliet Stevenson makes for a better reader of Woolf's words than Nicole Kidman's Oscar-winning turn as Woolf in The Hours. Stevenson carefully sorts through Woolf's famously tangled modernist masterpiece about the interior lives of a well-to-do British family, and the ways in which the First World War permanently damaged European society. She reads in an amplified hush, her exaggeratedly formal British diction adding poignancy to the sense of dislocation and disorder that marks the book's transition from pre- to postwar. Her reading is quietly, carefully precise, and that precision is a solid complement to Woolf's own measured, inward-looking prose.

Released 6 yrs ago (3/6/2012 UTC) at 9th European Birthday Sweepstakes, sweepstakes -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, March 10, 2012
Thank you very much, releanna, for sending me this wishlist book!
I am very happy with it :-)

Look forward to read it very much and I hope it won't take me too long to get to it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, May 12, 2018
Quite a short book, but it took me more time than I expected to get through.
I wasn't very fond of it, for me it was confusing to read, jumping from one person's thoughts to the other. At times I had to go back one page or more, to find out who was 'talking' to me.

I'm happy to be done, happy to cross of another off the 1001-list!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, May 13, 2018
Offered as a wishlist RABCK to alexiapapa, who accepted it. The book will be travelling to her by the end of this month.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (5/25/2018 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

This book will travel to Greece now, to alexiapapa as a wishlist RABCK. I hope you enjoy the read!
Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Thank you so much for this book!