On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mysteries, No. 1)

by Cleo Coyle | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042519213x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 3/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Monday, March 12, 2012
I've got the next 2 or 3 in this series, but haven't been able to find the first book, so I recently bought this from BetterWorldBooks.com. Looking forward to starting this series soon.

From the cover -
Clare Cosi used to manage the historic Village Blend coffeehouse... until she opted for quieter pastures and a more suburban life. But after ten years and a little friendly cajoling from the owner (a fresh pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain was all it took), she's back to the grind, serving coffee and solving crime - one cup at a time...
With a sprawling rent-free apartment directly above The Village Blend, her cat Java by her side, and plenty of coffeehouse redecorating ideas, Clare is thrilled to return to work. Until she discovers the assistant manager unconscious in the back of the store, coffee grounds strewn everywhere. Police arrive on the scene to investigate. But when they find no sign of forced entry or foul play, they deem it an accident. Case closed. But Clare is not convinced. And after the police leave, there are a few things she just can't get out of her mind... Why was the trash bin in the wrong place? If this wasn't an accident, is Clare in danger? And... are all detectives this handsom?

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Tuesday, July 24, 2012
An enjoyable mystery and a quick read, I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery set in Greenwich Village in NYC. Although not a coffee lover, I do enjoy a cozy coffeehouse setting. And this book had that, and more. A good mystery, an enjoyable setting, and wonderful characters. I'm looking forward to reading many more in this series. I'll be following this up with #2, Through the Grinder.

This is reserved for an upcoming cozy bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/29/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases

Putting this in Affinity4books' Cozy Mystery bookbox. Hope the next reader enjoys!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 04, 2012
Someone (I won't mention any names, but the person who registered this book and had the CozyMystery BookBox before me) strongly encouraged me to check out this series. I also selected the second in the series, given the positive review she gave me.

Adding this to MtTBR, which shouldn't be allowed to get any taller, but what can you do?

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Absolutely loved this book! I picked it up for a quick peek to see if I wanted to read it next and didn't put it down until I'd read the first 10 chapters. The characters were warm and endearing and the setting was interesting. The mystery was well done and the stuff about coffee was interesting -- and I have never had a cup of coffee in my life and never will. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

So glad MaryZee recommended it -- I plan to add it to the Kitteez and Kozeez Book Box I will be doing in her memory, since it has a kitty who plays a pivotal role in the storyline.

Released 6 yrs ago (6/28/2013 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA

I am sending the first two books in this series to a friend of mine in Florida because I think she will enjoy them. Better than having them sit on my shelf forever while I try to get another plan together.

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control." -- Paul Auster

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!