Pussyfoot: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie Mysteries)

by CAROLE NELSON DOUGLAS | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 3/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, August 04, 2012
Picked this up today at the Book Thing, and started it almost right away. This is the 2nd in the Midnight Louie series, and I read the first last year. Really enjoyed it, with its setting in Las Vegas with the main character, Temple Barr working in public relations there.
Started reading this right away, since it was the next in the series, and because I spent some unexpected time at Birdie's and didn't have a book with me (gasp!). This doesn't happen often (not having a book, *not* going to Birdie's).

From the cover -
Midnight Louie is aprowl again - and the game is definitely afoot when petite public relations freelancer Temple Barr finds herself at a striptease convention, up to her spike heels in musclebound males, siliconed females,... and murder. As Temple tracks the killer, Midnight Louie pursues his own investigation. Now that fading film star Savannah Ashleigh and the Divine Yvette, her purebred Persian (and Louie's platinum-haired lost love) are among the endangered, the tomcat sleuth will leave no rhinestone unturned to find the murderer...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Friday, August 10, 2012
I enjoyed this very much. Louie is an intiguing narrator, and I think he offsets Temple very well. She's a bit old-fashioned, some may say prudish, although not overwhelmingly. She just has old-fashioned values, contrasting against the glitz and glam of Sin City. Louie is also decidedly old-fashioned, as he refers to his "dolls," (which I much prefer to "dames").

We get a rather unexpected murderer in this one, and several victims. I thought Temple's theory towards the end rather original, and as usual Molina discounts anything ferreted out by the "civilian." But I think they're coming to respect each other a bit more, even though they still rub each other the wrong way. A wonderful mystery tale, and I'm looking forward to finding more of these. I have the 4th book, just need to find #3 now.

This will be reserved for a cozy mystery bookbox in a few months.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Friday, June 08, 2018
Sadly, MaryZee passed suddenly in September 2012. MaryZee's daughter is now ready to rehome her mom's books and I was willing to collect and redistribute them to keep her literary legacy alive.

The last time I saw MaryZee, she was telling me that she wanted to start a book box with the theme of Kitties & Kozies. There are probably enough books in the collection to make that a reality. I will set this book aside for possible inclusion.