No Logo: No Space, No Choice, No Jobs

by Naomi Klein | Nonfiction |
Registered by john-g of Bolton, Lancashire United Kingdom on 10/7/2003
Journal Entry 1 by john-g from Bolton, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 7, 2003
Thorough, necessary and uncompromising examination of branding, advertising and labour conditions in the globalised economy. The only irritant is the snazzy journalistic style, which sometimes seems to be a distraction from the urgency of the issues involved.

Journal Entry 2 by john-g from Bolton, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 9, 2003
Sent to Siriradha.

Journal Entry 3 by siriradha from Colorado Springs, Colorado USA on Monday, November 17, 2003
Thanks, john-g! The book arrived in the mail this afternoon. When I am done with it, I will see that it is released for somebody else to read.

12/01/03 The only reason I didn't give this book a 10 is that it is a couple years old and, therefore, not right up to the minute. It was a wonderful realization that the concept of "branding" (which is used as such an effective marketing tool is also what may bring a large corporation to its knees. We've got them by their logos! Once that icon is connected with sleaze, fewer people want to be connected with that particular brand. I hope that this books helps to awaken a belief in the power of consumer consciousness.

Journal Entry 4 by siriradha at on Monday, December 1, 2003
Released on Monday, December 01, 2003 at mailing to a friend in n/a, n/a Controlled Releases.

I'm mailing this to my son at Georgia Tech. He has told me he will release it on campus when he is done reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by siriradha at La Ciutat l´Allegra de Dalt 66 in Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Sunday, June 6, 2004
Released on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at La Ciutat l´Allegra de Dalt 66 in Barcelona, Barcelona Spain.