Fire in the Blood

by Irene Nemirovsky | Romance |
Registered by LittleSuz of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/24/2012
Journal Entry 1 by LittleSuz from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 24, 2012
Given to me as a Christmas present by my future father-in-law.

Journal Entry 2 by LittleSuz at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 31, 2012
I'd never heard of this author before. It turns out she has a tragic story. But her writing is wonderful, and I'm sure it's even better in the original French.

Fire in the Blood is a forlorn, pondering book which oozes a sense of loss throughout. It is only towards the end that the reader fully understands what this loss is. But the novel is so short and evocatively written that I didn't find it particularly depressing. The desire to keep turning pages thoroughout never wavered.

Journal Entry 3 by LittleSuz at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (4/5/2012 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 4 by Cassandra2020 at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 06, 2012
caught at meetup - thanks (will add it to Suite Francaise on the TBR pile - Suzi, if you want to borrow it, let me know)