Poems for Loners

by Douglas Richardson | Poetry |
Registered by WeakCreature of Los Angeles, California USA on 2/19/2012
Journal Entry 1 by WeakCreature from Los Angeles, California USA on Sunday, February 19, 2012
Paperback. New copy from the publisher.

Journal Entry 2 by WeakCreature at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/9/2012 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Posting from WCP HQ to fireyfairy, contest winner. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by WeakCreature at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, April 09, 2012

Mailed today from WCP HQ to Regulator, contest winner. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Thursday, April 12, 2012
This just came in the mail. I'm excited to read it. Also, my curiosity has been piqued as to whether or not the author signing it upside-down is a joke I'll be on the inside of after I *have* read it.

Journal Entry 5 by WeakCreature at Los Angeles, California USA on Friday, April 13, 2012
The author signs his books upside down because he is left-handed. Helps to ensure that the spine doesn't crease. : )

Journal Entry 6 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Sunday, April 22, 2012
Reading this book was a powerful and moving experience. The individual poems, and the book, for that matter, are short, so it can be read in one sitting which, in my opinion, gives it more impact. Douglas Richardson is a humble, yet artful poet who taps into the modern American psyche and delivers words that will ring in your brain long after Poems for Loners is closed.

Journal Entry 7 by WeakCreature at Los Angeles, California USA on Wednesday, April 25, 2012
This is the author. Just wanted to say thank you for your thoughtful review. Your review made my day and will surely help inspire me to keep writing into the future. Glad you enjoyed Loners! -Douglas Richardson

Journal Entry 8 by fireyfairy at Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Thursday, April 26, 2012
Mr. Richardson,

Thanks so much for the copy of your book! I was hoping the review would get back to you. I'm a YA author myself, and I understand how frustrating it can be that reviewers seem to focus on the negative, but rarely illustrate the positive qualities of a book, especially from an author whose name they don't recognize. Your book shines, and you deserve to have somebody say so!

~Meg

Journal Entry 9 by fireyfairy at Firefly Coffee House, 3523 N. Anthony Blvd. in Fort Wayne, Indiana USA on Thursday, November 03, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/3/2016 UTC) at Firefly Coffee House, 3523 N. Anthony Blvd. in Fort Wayne, Indiana USA

I feel the author, who gave me this book, would be excited to know that his work is stepping out into the world on its own. I'm sending it to continue its journey via Firefly's take a book/leave a book shelf. Enjoy!