A Necessary Evil (Maggie O'Dell #5)

by Kava, Alex | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 2/14/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Synopsis:
"Someone is killing Catholic priests across America--ritualized murders that speak of vengeance and hatred.

As the killing spree continues unabated, it quickly becomes very clear to Maggie O'Dell--the FBI profiler assigned to the case--that more than one perpetrator is responsible. As she begins to drill down into the facts, Maggie discovers a disturbing Internet role-playing game for youths who have been victims of male authority figures--including Catholic priests.

With the first real lead in the investigation, Maggie wonders if this group has turned cyberspace justice into reality by dispensing their own brand of vengeance. As the ritualistic killings leave America's heartland reeling, Maggie gets a second lead--one that leaves her stunned.

For the past four years she has been driven by blind determination to find Father Michael Keller, the human monster whose acts of brutality continue to haunt her to this day. Sick and twisted, the priest seems to have vanished without a trace. But with an irony that only life can offer, now he has become a target."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, April 08, 2020
Keeping a free space for my opinion on the book. I've found an audio version that I'll be listening to, so this paper edition may start its journey very soon.

An interesting thriller that kept my attention. This is part 5 in the series, but that wasn't a problem even though I didn't read the books before that (apart from #1. An unexpected ending. Liked that.

Released 3 mos ago (4/10/2020 UTC) at Paddy O'Ryan. Irish pub in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

In the green bookcase outside the side entrance of Paddy's.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.