Helsinki Homicide: Vengeance

by Jarkko Sipilä | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 2/12/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, February 12, 2012
From the back:

"Tapani Larsson, a Finnish crime boss, walks out of prison with one thought on his mind: Vengeance. Wanting to reclaim his gang's honor and avenge those who have wronged him, Larsson targets Suhonen, the undercover detective who put him in prison. Meanwhile, Suhonen's best friend, an ex-con himself, wants to wash his hands of crime, but in the process, is driven deeper into it.

With the help of his boss, Liutenant Takamäki, and the National Bureau of Investigation, Suhonen hunts the loose thread that could unravel the entire gang. But with every string he pulls, he flirts with death itself.

Helsinki Homicide: Vengeance is another thrilling read from Sipilä. It is the second of his books to be translated into English. The first, Helsinki Homicide: Against the Wall, won the 2009 Finnish Crime Novel of the Year Award.

Jarkko Sipilä is a Finnish author and journalist. He has been reporting on Finnish crime for 20 years, has written 11 books, and co-wrote a TV series based on the Takamäki books. Through realistic characters and story lines, he explores current topics surrounding life in contemporary Finland."

Released 3 yrs ago (4/12/2016 UTC) at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Maybe this book will find a new reader in Canada? :)

Journal Entry 3 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
I came to today's Helsinki Bookcrossing meeting with absolutely no idea what was in store for me. I left with 19 books!! I'm excted to bring most of these home.

This one seems like a really interesting read. Thank you Annimanni!

Journal Entry 4 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 29, 2016
a new import to Canada from the Helsinki Book Crossing group - can't wait to read it and start it on its Canadian journey....

Journal Entry 5 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 17, 2016
A fast-paced crime story that introduces the reader to the police structure and general crime scene of Finland.

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Just returned from the August meet up at Cravings and have just about as many books as I brought. I have been enjoying some of the Finnish/Swedish mysteries I have read.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, April 11, 2018
I enjoy reading mysteries from other countries. This one was especially interesting due to the issues regarding nearby Estonia and the drug importing happening from there. Liked his writing style. I made an error and picked up the book close to 11, thinking I would read for a few minutes before bed and ---- it was too close to the end. Had to stay up until close to1 to finish it!!

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/12/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this back to the May meetup at Cravings.

Journal Entry 9 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (2/19/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

An interesting book to read and the author does a nice job of tying up all the loose ends. This book has travelled a very long way

Journal Entry 10 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Late registration. Picked this up at the March Calgary book crossing meetup.