Hello, Darling, Are You Working?

by Rupert Everett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 10/5/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, October 05, 2003
What a fabulous tale this one is! Too bad Mr. Everett doesn't write a bit more, but he definitely does it with the same flare that he acts with! This is one of my keepsakes, so not available for trade, but please PM me if you're interested in reading it, I'm more than willing to part with it for a bookring and share with others :)

BOOK is currently out on a bookring, shipping began 10-20-2003 in this order:

christine-bpc (TX, USA)
Arwen-Galadriel (Canada)
shadowwolff (AK, USA)

Then back to me!

**** Person whose name is bold currently has the book

Journal Entry 2 by fsr44 from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Wednesday, October 22, 2003
Received today and will start reading tonight. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by fsr44 from Pawtucket, Rhode Island USA on Friday, October 24, 2003
Unfortunately, I guess I like Rupert Everett better as an actor than as a writer. I found this book tiresome. It seemed to have very little plan and the ending was a complete cop out. If he planned a sequel, it's now 11 years later, and still nothing. Here's hoping it will be someone else's cup of tea. Thank you for passing it on to me, anyway.

Journal Entry 4 by hbrogan from North White Plains, New York USA on Sunday, November 09, 2003
Received this late last week. Will be reading this next, after another bookring book I'd already started. I'll journal after I've read it to let everyone know what I thought!

Journal Entry 5 by juliebarreto from Puako, Hawaii USA on Friday, February 06, 2004
Wow, this is so much fun so far. (I'm 25 pp in.) Hmmmmm...are there elements of memoir here?

February 7, 2004 - Well, I've run out of steam at page 63. I just can't read any more past the line, "Now how are those breasts feeling?" The best thing about this book is the iconic smoldering movie star photo on the back cover. Off to Texas! Thanks for the opportunity to try this on.

Journal Entry 6 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, February 28, 2004
The book arrived today. I'm in the middle of another bookray book at the moment, but this one will be read after I finish the one I'm reading now.

UPDATE March 2: I'm almost halfway through this book. I'm not sure what to make of it so far. It's not really my type of book, but I do want to finish it. So I'll keep reading and see what I think.

Journal Entry 7 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, March 07, 2004
Well, I've given up. I made it about halfway through this book and it sat on a table for several days without my having the least thought of picking it up. One thing I'm doing with BookCrossing is reading books that I normally wouldn't pick up. This is one of them. Now I know why I don't normally pick them up. I don't like them. They're just not "my" type of book.

So, why not? I can't stand reading about people's lives who do absolutely nothing in their life. Nothing really happens, nothing matters, a nothing existence. Those people bother me in real life, so it's definitely not something that I would choose to read about. Maybe there was a point to the book and the characters' lives, but I just didn't get it.

I'm going to try to get this to the post office in the morning.

Journal Entry 8 by KathyS on Thursday, March 18, 2004
Arrived today - thank you Karendawn for posting it on and Jaremeister for sharing it with me. I have 3 ring books here already, but I will get to it as soon as possible. Any longer than a month and I will pass it on, whatever!

Journal Entry 9 by KathyS on Saturday, April 03, 2004
Well I did manage to read it to the end, but I'm sorry to say that it really wasn't "my cup of tea, darling"! Too many drugs and not enough believable characters :o(

Maybe I just don't get the drug culture - too old and too sensible for that!

Will be on it's way to fantasma in Portugal as soon as possible.

Released on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 at Postal Release in Royal Mail, England United Kingdom.

Winging its way to Fantasma in Portugal by airmail - hope it arrives safely :o)

Journal Entry 11 by Fantasma on Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Just got it yesterday from KathyS. Thanks.
I'm planning to start reading it today!

Journal Entry 12 by Fantasma on Monday, April 19, 2004
Hummm... well... I wasn't really expecting much after reading what the other BCers wrote... But I liked the beggining of the book and was enjoying myself until half the book.
Then it just got too boring. Nothing special really happens, the story seems to stop developing, the caracters almost put me to sleep... It was hard to get to the end of it, I was anxious to finish it so I could start another book, with "substance"!
Too much drugs, also...
I believe that Rupert Everett could write something good if he tried too. But if he doesn't, I don't mind just keeping an eye on him in the movies!! ;)
Thanks, Jaremeister. It's going on its way to Spain and YagoBCN this week!

Released on Thursday, April 22, 2004 at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

On its way to YagoBCN.
Hope you enjoy it!!

Journal Entry 14 by YagoBCN from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Saturday, April 24, 2004
It arrived! :)

I forgot I had joined this bookring! :))) What a surprise when Fantasma PMd me to tell me it was on my way. Let's see what happens... but according to the previous comments... *shiver* I don't know if I will enjoy it!

More, later.

Journal Entry 15 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, June 05, 2005
Sadly, this book appears to be lost in transit somewhere. I have had no response to PMS from YagoBCN in over a year (several attempts), so it stands to reason that the bookring is dead/book may be lost in transit. My apologies to those who hadn't read it yet, if I find another copy, I'll continue the ring....

********** UPDATE Feb 9, 2006.

Still no word from the original book, but labmomnm has been kind enough to continue this ring with a copy she has. Click here to check the progress....

Journal Entry 16 by lostbookisland on Monday, December 12, 2005
Where has this book gone? Was it ever mailed to the next participant in the bookring? Will it ever get a new journal entry?

It is hoped that after a short vacation at the Lost Book Island this book will resurface into circulation and be able to continue the bookring journey that it once set out on and return safely home to the generous BookCrosser that sent it out so long ago. There are many things to do here at the Lost Book Island while this book is forced to wait, there are hammocks under palm trees to lounge in and long walks on the beach to enjoy. There is much fun inthe sun to be had at the Lost book Island but what each book here desires more than anything is a new journal entry that will tell all interested parties where this book has ended up and if it will get the chance to move once more. May that magical new journal entry come soon!