The Wedding Girl

by Madeleine Wickham | Women's Fiction |
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 2/8/2012
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 08, 2012
reserved for smurphies chick lit/romance 1st sentence vbb.

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (3/7/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

This book has been chosen from smurphies chick lit/romance 1st sentence vbb. So its going on its journey.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Received this today from the second round of Smurphie's Chick Lit/Romance 1st line VBB. I love Sophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham's books, so I'm looking forward to reading this. Thanks for sending it!

First Line: "A group of tourists had stopped to gawp at Milly as she stood in her wedding dress on the registry office steps."

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, January 14, 2013
Book Description: At the age of eighteen, in that first golden Oxford summer, Milly was up for anything. Rupert and his American lover Allan were all part of her new, exciting life, and when Rupert suggested to her that she and Allan should get married, just so that Allan could stay in the country, Milly didn't hesitate, and to make it seem real she dressed up in cheap wedding finery and posed on the steps of the registry office for photographs. Ten years later, Milly is a very different person. Engaged to Simon - who is wealthy, serious, and believes her to be perfect - she is facing the biggest and most elaborate wedding imaginable. Her mother has it planned to the finest detail, from the massive marquee to the sculpted ice swans filled with oysters. Her dreadful secret is locked away so securely she has almost persuaded herself that it doesn't exist - until, with only four days to go, her past catches up with her. Suddenly, her carefully constructed world is about to crash in ruins around her. How can she tell Simon she's already married? How can she tell her mother? But as the crisis develops, more secrets are revealed than Milly could possibly have realised...

My Review: I really enjoyed this book! Sophie Kinsella a.k.a. Madeleine Wickham writes a wonderful heroine, they tend to be more of an I Love Lucy kind of woman. They make mistakes and have to find a way to solve their problems. There were quite a few secondary characters and side stories that were really wonderful, as well as the main story with Milly.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Sending to princess-peapod for a Valentine's exchange. Thanks for hosting this! Thank you for sharing so many of your books with me. I appreciate it. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by princess-peapod at San Luis Obispo, California USA on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Oh my, I'm SO sorry I never journaled this when it arrived!
Haven't read this one before & will pass it along soon!