The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - A Novel

by Stieg Larsson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 1/30/2012
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 30, 2012
Got this book a while ago but never registered it.

From Chapters:
As The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet''s Nest opens, Lisbeth Salander-the heart and soul of Larsson''s two previous novels-is under close supervision in the intensive care unit of a provincial Swedish city hospital. And she''s fighting for her life in more ways than one: when she''s well enough, she''ll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for a triple murder. With the help of her friend, journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will have to prove her innocence, and identify and denounce the corrupt politicians who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to become victims of abuse and violence. And, on her own, she will plot her revenge-against the man who tried to kill her, and the government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life.

Once upon a time, she was a victim. Now, Lisbeth Salander is ready to fight back.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 04, 2018
In the third and final book of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. We are wrapping up the Lisbeth Salander story. She was last shot and left for dead, but Mikael Blomkvist found her and got an ambulance called. Salander has a bullet in her head but it's operable and the doctors think they can save her. Even if she's saved though, the police still plan to prosecute her for a variety of charges. It's all a smear job and Blomkvist thinks he can help her save herself.

It has been a while since I read the first two books in the series so I was worried I would have forgotten too much to have this make any sense. The book does a good job of reminding what happened where the last book left off though, so I wasn't feeling lost. It revolves completely around Lisbeth's upcoming trial and attempting to save herself. Overall it seemed like a long book where not a whole heck of a lot happened (like why did Erika leave the paper and come back? How did that really drive the story forward?), but it was still interesting. I'm glad to be done the series but not sure I'll continue on with the other similar books.