Abhorsen

by Garth Nix | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by MKtiny of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 1/24/2012
Journal Entry 1 by MKtiny from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 24, 2012
When the Ninthe Gate calls, who can restst its summons?

An ancient evil has arisen - freed from its subterranean prison and seeking to escape the binding silver hemispheres which prevent it from funally unleashing its terrible powers.

Lirael, newly come into her inheritance as the Abhorsen-in-waiting, knows that the fate of the world is in her hands. With only a vision from the Clayr to guide her, and the uncertain help of her companions - Sam, the Disreputable Dog and Mogget - Lirael sets out on her perilous mission. The answer must be found somewhere in Life or Death - but can a former Second Assistant Librarianpossibly discover the means to defeat the Destroyer before it is too late?

Journal Entry 2 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, December 1, 2012
Arrived here safely together with Lirael. Thank you very much for sending the books and the lovely cards MKtiny! Looking forward to reading this (though it might take a bit longer as I have a couple books in front). :)

Journal Entry 3 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Love this series! :) I couldn't put the book down and it left me wanting for more when I had finished it.
Abhorsen continues with the story of Lirael, Sam, the Disreputable Dog and Mogget, as they go on their mission to stop Hedge from digging up the hemispheres (and releasing an ancient evil), and to save Nicholas.
It was nice to see how Lirael and Sam had grown. There were some surprises at the end (didn't see that coming, the bit about the Dog and Mogget), and it was kind of sad as well. Oh, and we also finally learn Touchstone's real name too. :p

Will send Lirael and Abhorsen to Lunatum sometime soon, though Sabriel seems to be lost in the mail?

Journal Entry 4 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (4/3/2013 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

All wrapped up and on its way to lunatum (together with Lirael and something extra :p).
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Monday, April 8, 2013
The book arrived with Lirael, Easter eggs and tea. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Sunday, June 2, 2013
I really enjoyed the book and whole serie! Thanks you so much for organizing the spiral. Without this spiral I wouldn't have read the books.

Journal Entry 7 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland

I sent the book forward together with Lirael. The release is part of Never judge a book by it's cover 2013 -challenge (week 26).

Journal Entry 8 by Dancesports at Petcheys Bay, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Arrived with lireal a little while ago, sorry for the delay in journalling, moved to top of my pile, my reading has been slow lately but will do my best to keep koving