Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog

by John Grogan | Pets & Animals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 1/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 21, 2012
I've heard this book is very good, so when I spotted it at the Book Thing a couple of months ago I snagged it. May let my mom read this too, if it's not too sad.

From the cover -
John and Jenny were just begining their life together. They were young and in love, with a perfect little house and not a care in the world. Then they brought home Marley, a wiggly yellow furball of a puppy. Life would never be the same.
Marley quickly grew into a barrelling, ninety-seven-pound steamroller of a Labrador retriever, a dog like no other. He crashed through screen doors, gouged through drywall, flung drool on guests, stole women's undergarments, and ate nearly everything he could get his mouth around, including couches and fine jewelry. Obedience school did no good - Marley was expelled. Neither did the tranquilizers the veterinarian prescribed for him with the admonishment, "Don't hesitate to use these."
And yet Marley's heart was pure. Just as he joyfully refused any limits on his behavior, his love and loyalty were boundless, too. Marley shared the couple's joy at their first pregnancy and their heartbreak over the miscarriage. He was there when babies finally arrived and when the screams of a seventeen-year-old stabbing victim pierced the night. Marley shut down a public beach and managed to land a role in a feature-length movie, always winning hearts as he made a mess of things. Through it all, he remained steadfast, a model of devotion, even when his family was at its wits end. Unconditional love, they would learn, comes in many forms.
Is it possible for humans to discover the key to happiness through a bigger-than-life, bad-boy dog? Just ask the Grogans.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Friday, June 08, 2018
Sadly, MaryZee passed suddenly in September 2012. MaryZee's daughter is now ready to rehome her mom's books and I was willing to collect and redistribute them to keep her literary legacy alive.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, June 09, 2018
In memory of MaryZee, I hope this book will continue to travel and find many eager readers. Thank you, 6of8, for bringing me this and other books Of MaryZee's to share.

I'm releasing this book for the following challenge:

***The 2018 What's in a Name Release Challenge. The title of the book includes the names MARLEY and LE.

-------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, December 28, 2018

Released 2 wks ago (4/28/2019 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book is being released at the BookCrossing booth at the Kensington International Day of the Book street festival. BCinDC, my local Bookcrossing group, has proudly participated in this festival since its inception over a decade ago!

--------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!