The Murder of King Tut

Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/18/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 19, 2012
This hardcover is a graphic-novel adaptation of Patterson's book about the discovery of King Tut's tomb - and speculation as to the events that led to his death. I haven't read the original book, but I have read a good deal about Tutankhamen, and while there seems to be a new theory about the cause of his death every few years, it's still entertaining to speculate! The art style is straightforward, with a kind of golden-age-of-comics feel plus some very handsome landscapes and scene-setting.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, February 06, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (2/7/2012 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this book to k00kaburra's Ancient World bookbox; hope someone enjoys it! [The mailing order is in this forum thread, and the bookbox journal can be seen here.] The box will be on its way soon.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Tuesday, March 27, 2012
James Patterson? Graphic novel? Hmmm, this one must be investigated before sending the box on. Thanks for sharing, GoryD!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I enjoyed this graphic novel. Beautiful artwork, an interesting story, and adding to the King Tut legend. Thanks for sharing this, GoryD!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (3/31/2012 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This is being sent on to the next participant in K00kaburra's Ancient Societies bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingperryfranwing at North Ogden, Utah USA on Saturday, April 07, 2012
Taking from k00kaburra's Ancient World bookbox. I like Patterson and graphic novels are always fun. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by wingperryfranwing at North Ogden, Utah USA on Friday, October 26, 2012
Interesting take on the Tutankhamen story. Although I used to read a lot of comics, I haven't read too many graphic novels in recent years. Nice change of pace.

Journal Entry 8 by wingperryfranwing at Another reader in Athens, Alabama USA on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (11/17/2012 UTC) at Another reader in Athens, Alabama USA

Sending to a reader in Alabama.