An Egg on Three Sticks

Free as a bird
by Jackie Fischer | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 1/16/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, April 05, 2012
Amazon Editorial Review

Finally Abby is thirteen. A real teenager who only wants to pierce her ears, have a boyfriend, and run her own life. But when her mother suffers a nervous breakdown, Abby faces a life far different from what she hoped for. Set in the Bay Area in the '70s, An Egg on Three Sticks is Jackie Moyer Fischer's emotional, funny, and extraordinarily heartfelt novel about Abby's struggle to hold her family together, find love from a mother who has little to give, and simply try to be thirteen.

With a voice completely fresh and honest, Abby takes us on a journey that is often hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking, and overwhelmingly hopeful. But a journey no thirteen-year-old should have to take.

This book is available and will be released soon into the wild

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (8/23/2015 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Released as a selection from the General Lit VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is free to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 17, 2015
Thanks for sending from the General Literature VBB. I love young adult fiction, this looks like a good one.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 08, 2016
My Review: This was a really interesting book. I've read a lot of YA books and this one seemed the most real in dealing with mental illness. It's an emotional roller coaster. As popular as The Fault in Our Stars was, I don't know if Hollywood would have the guts to make it into a movie. If you're looking for a shallow angst-filled teen book, this isn't it.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Bells Ferry Rd in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (1/26/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library - Bells Ferry Rd in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on Noonday Creek Trail near Downtown Woodstock. Enjoy the book!