Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden Mysteries, Book 8)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042522807X Global Overview for this book
Registered by angelface46 of Grand Junction, Colorado USA on 1/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by angelface46 from Grand Junction, Colorado USA on Friday, January 13, 2012
picked up at library sale

Journal Entry 2 by angelface46 at Montrose, Colorado USA on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (2/15/2012 UTC) at Montrose, Colorado USA

cozy mystery box

Journal Entry 3 by llama-mama205 at Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Came in my cozy mystery box. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by llama-mama205 at Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Monday, July 01, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (7/2/2013 UTC) at Pittsboro, North Carolina USA

JUMP!...into JennyC1230's mystery bookbox it goes!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, July 06, 2013
This came home in my Mystery Bookbox. I'm planning to read this one before it travels again. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, December 07, 2013
Book #8 in the Aurora Teagarden mystery series: "On the way to a lunch meeting of her local book discussion group, the Uppity Women, small-town Southern librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden is shocked and dismayed to find her sister-in-law, Poppy, lying bloody and dead right outside her own back door. Poppy had her flaws, certainly - she and her husband were having trouble staying faithful to each other - but she didn't deserve to be so brutally murdered." Investigating a case like this is never easy, of course, given the gossipy atmosphere of any small town, what with Poppy and her husband's extramarital affairs, the local police detective, who also happens to be a former boyfriend of Roe's, and his seemingly unresolved feelings of Poppy, and the need to protect Poppy's family. But Roe is also coping with a burgeoning romantic relationship as well as the sudden appearance of her teenaged half brother. All in all, it's a lot for one woman to have on her plate, even one as together as Roe.

My Review: I read this one, not realizing that it was #8 in the series! Oh well. I always love Charlaine Harris' books, she writes such interesting characters and the mystery and romance in this one was good.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, March 14, 2014

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
This book has not been chosen for two rounds so I am removing it from Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, May 28, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (5/29/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Adding to Waternixie’s Wrap it Up Bookbox.

First Line: "I paid almost no attention at all to the last conversation I had with my stepsister-in-law, Poppy Queensland."

Journal Entry 10 by waternixie at Everett, Washington USA on Saturday, August 01, 2015
From the wrap-it-up box. It's taking me awhile to journal these.