The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Alerion of Laufen, Baselland Switzerland on 1/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Alerion from Laufen, Baselland Switzerland on Friday, January 13, 2012
This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

Journal Entry 2 by Alerion at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, January 13, 2012
An amasing book. Quite sad in the general taste, but it made me live the whole story. I think it has crossed everybody's mind that it would be nice to be able to time travel and see especially our future. This book shows both the good and the bad side of it for both characters Henry and Clare. Clare is able to meet Henry since she is so young and live with him so many years and Henry is able to move back and forth, but the lack of control and the lack of ability to change the bad things that have happened leaves a sad feeling. I have to admit that the story touched me deeply. Isn't the life of Clare till she met Henry in the real time like a relationship with distance. You get to meet the other person in particular dates, but he isn't able to tell you about the future. I won't say any spoilers about the book, but it was one of the best books i read this year and I will keep it in mind to buy it for myself.

This is my journal entry from 2009, when I first read the book and quite some time I did buy the book. But it is time for it to get registered and pass to some friends, to whom I have been talking about. Finally it will return to my personal collection.