The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 1/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, January 13, 2012
It's 1946 and author Juliet Ashton can't think what to write next. Out of the blue, she receives a letter from Dawsey Adams of Guernsey - by chance, he's acquired a book that once belonged to her - and, spurred on by their mutual love of reading, they begin a correspondence. When Dawsey reveals that he is a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, her curiosity is piqued and it's not long before she begins to hear from other members. As letters fly back and forth with stories of life in Guernsey under the German Occupation, Juliet soon realizes that the society is every bit as extraordinary as its name.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations on winning the sweep :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, November 02, 2017
I am the lucky decoy this time. Thanks for the book, chocolate and tea. I will enjoy them.

-------------------------------
Updated March 22, 2018

A very charming and delightful book with lovable characters. I enjoyed this one very much.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 06, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/6/2018 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Going as a tag forward to Egkrynicky for ILuvToRead2 in the US & Canada wishlist tag game on the RABCK forum.

Enjoy this great book!

Journal Entry 5 by Egkrynicky at Bedminster, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, April 11, 2018
I'm looking forward to reading this book. I received it from mcsar on the USA & Canada wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 6 by Egkrynicky at Bedminster, New Jersey USA on Friday, September 21, 2018
I enjoyed the quirkiness of this book, and especially the vivid characters living in Guernsey. It makes me wish I was in a book club.