Year of the Flood

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by rapturina of Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 1/12/2012
Journal Entry 1 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, January 12, 2012
I'm a big fan of Margaret Atwood, and this book was no disappointment. I really like how she takes her time to build up a story and to provide the reader with a lot of background information about the characters. It makes you really get to know the character and then when the story really takes off and things start happening, you find yourself not being able to put the book down 'cause you really want to know what happens to these people that you just got to know so well! She does it in all her books, and it works well for this one too. The story is quite fascinating, but then again, I am always interested in books about the future and reading about how people imagine the future to be. Margaret Atwood very cleverly creates a future world in this book, but also shows that people will, ultimately, still be the same people we are today.

Sending this book to Australia, happy travels!

Journal Entry 2 by sorcha-sidhe at Quorn, South Australia Australia on Saturday, February 4, 2012
Received in the post from Rapturina earlier this week.
Many thanks!