Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

by Suzanne Collins | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingLadyAmaliewing of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 1/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingLadyAmaliewing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, January 5, 2012
The second Book in the heart-stopping Hunger Games Trilogy.

A good, thrilling story. I could hardly stop reading.

(The shown cover is a little bit different.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingLadyAmaliewing at Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, January 12, 2012
- Intl. Book-Ray -

A few guidelines:

1. Journal the book when you receive it so we know it arrived safely.
2. Please try to send it on within a month of receipt if you can.
3. A journal entry when you've finished it would be appreciated, even if it just says
    ‘I liked this’ or ‘I wasn’t keen’.
4. Mail the book to the next person. PLEASE do a release note when you've done this.

PARTICIPANTS

- xlacrimax (Lithuania; Post Europe)
- penelopewanders (Switzerland; Post Europe)
- Plinius (Netherland; Post Europe; if necessary International)
- wal-89 (UK; Post Europe; if necessary International)
- Scribacchina (Portugal; Post International)
- carelaisa (Canada; Post US/Canada)
- angelface46 (USA; Post US/Canada)
- ladybug74 (Canada; Post US)
- Rrrcaron (USA; Post International)
- Esme-Weatherwax (Irland; Post Irland/UK)

The book has reached its final destination. Sincere thanks are given to all participants to enable this.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLadyAmaliewing at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Monday, January 16, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/16/2012 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On it's way to xlacrimax. I wish a nice yourney.

For all participants a lot of fun and a good time.

Journal Entry 4 by roommush at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania on Thursday, January 19, 2012
The book arrived today, thank you! :)

Journal Entry 5 by roommush at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/25/2012 UTC) at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania

Not as good as expected, but still I'm glad I've finally read it.

The book is on its way to penelopewanders ;)

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, January 28, 2012
The second in this series arrived with the first this morning. Thanks so much for sending these books - and for the tea and postcard! Thanks too for making them available, LadyAmelie.

Journal Entry 7 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, February 12, 2012
Not sure what genre this qualifies as - a sci-fi or dystopia label would fit here... It's not really a thriller, but there is certainly an element of suspense. This is the continuation of the first and "lets itself be read", as they say (in French, I guess). Not great literature, but certainly entertaining. The end is fairly satisfying, at this point. To be continued with the third. Taking a mini-breather by reading another ring currently here and then will read the third and try to post them together.
Thanks for sending and making available!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (2/23/2012 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

Suddenly realized I should weigh these books - and sure enough, the three together tip the scales over a kilo... so I have now sent the first two in one parcel and will read the third very soon and send it afterwards on its own.
Thanks so much for making these available. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by Plinius at Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, March 2, 2012
and this one too, of course!

Journal Entry 10 by Plinius at Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 14, 2012
and the promise of part 1 is kept: the story goes on with the same quality and suspense.

Journal Entry 11 by Plinius at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 16, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (3/16/2012 UTC) at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom

by post to the next reader

Hello finder! If you read this, you have found a travelling book.
Congratulations!

You can read this book, make a note of how you liked the book (it's free
and you can stay anonymous if you like) and release it 'in the wild' or
pass it on to someone else.

If you want to follow the book on its 'world tour' you'd better register as
a new bookcrosser. You could mention my name (Plinius) as Referring Member. I
would appreciate that very much.

There's an explanation in Dutch at http://www.bookcrossing.nl/ and there's
also a Dutch forum http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15

Have fun reading and bookcrossing!

Plinius

Hallo boekvinder,

als je dit leest heb je een zwerfboek gevonden, gefeliciteerd!

Je kunt dit boek lezen, hopelijk is het iets dat je leuk vindt, je kunt je mening erover hier opschrijven (gratis, spamvrij, en je kunt anoniem blijven als je wilt) en het weer doorgeven of loslaten 'in het wild' voor een volgende lezer.

Als je net als ik het boek wilt volgen op zijn wereldreis kun je ook bookcrosser worden. In dat geval zou je mijn naam (Plinius) kunnen vermelden als Referring Member. Dat zou ik leuk vinden.

Nederlandse uitleg vind je op http://www.bookcrossing.nl/ en er is ook een Nederlands forum op http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15

Veel lees- en BookCrossplezier gewenst!

Plinius

Journal Entry 12 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 14, 2012
The second book in the trilogy, looking forward to finding out what the hype is about :) Thanks very much for sending to me and organising the book ring.

Journal Entry 13 by wal-89 at Congleton, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 28, 2012
This book cheered me up when I was not feeling very well. I liked reading how the story developed, it was not hard reading but I still enjoyed it. I wasn't as obsessed with reading this one but it didn't take me long to read, once I had got into it. I think the characters developed really well and enjoyed getting to know them better. My choice is still the same :)

Journal Entry 14 by wal-89 at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 1, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (6/2/2012 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

To be posted with the other one, hopefully tomorrow :)

Journal Entry 15 by Scribacchina at Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Found it on the doorstep when I arrived home today. Just FYI: I am currently reading the first one, will send the 3 together.

Journal Entry 16 by Scribacchina at Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Thursday, July 12, 2012
I have the same misgivings about this as about the first one, but continued reading because the story is interesting and I wanted to know where it would go.

Journal Entry 17 by Scribacchina at on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (7/13/2012 UTC) at

Goes with the first one.

Journal Entry 18 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, July 25, 2012
rec' d it today :)

looking forward to read it...

thanks Scribacchina for sending the books my way!

Journal Entry 19 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Finally finished reading it... here are my thoughts!

Second book in the trilogy, it pick up where the first one ended. Again, it’s really nice to read, you quickly get into the story and learn a bit more about the other Districts, more about Katniss and Peeta. Of course, there’s another Hunger Games event but it’s not the main focus at the beginning. But we get to know more about Katniss, why she is the way she is and her mixed feelings for Peeta and Gale. Overall, I liked it and will read with high anticipation the last book of the series.

Journal Entry 20 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, September 5, 2012
the book is now travelling as of September 2nd, to the next reader (along with the 2 other books).

Journal Entry 21 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 13, 2012
Received this in the mail yesterday. Will be starting the series soon!
Ruth

Journal Entry 22 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Great series. The first was better. Had to start book 3 immediately- cliffhanger ending lol. Can't wait for movie.
Sending on with book 1 to next reader....

Journal Entry 23 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Friday, November 9, 2012
can't wait to read these