Allhallow's Eve

by Richard Laymon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by residentwolff of Benton, Arkansas USA on 10/1/2003
Journal Entry 1 by residentwolff from Benton, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2003
Promised to a friend of mine.

Journal Entry 2 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Monday, October 20, 2003
Received this today from my good Bookcrossing Horrortrading buddy SJ :)
I'm starting this one this evening. Thanks for passing this on.

Journal Entry 3 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Monday, October 20, 2003
I'd have given it a 10 but the ending was so abrupt. Otherwise it was top-notch Laymon. Thanks shadowwolff for the opportunity to read this:)

Release planned for Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at Fellow Horrortrader & bookcrosser in Salem, Virginia USA.

via USPS media mail

Released on Thursday, October 23, 2003 at Fellow Horrortrader & bookcrosser in Salem, Virginia USA.

Priority mail to bookfan23

Journal Entry 6 by bookfan23 from Salem, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 28, 2003
I just received this book from my horror trading buddy Jamie. Only 30 pages into the thing and the blood's already flowing....thanks Jamie!

Journal Entry 7 by bookfan23 from Salem, Virginia USA on Friday, October 31, 2003
What a deliciously nasty little treat! I loved this book because it was so quick to read and it was SO bloody. And - like most Laymon works - it didn't take itself too seriously. Pure entertainment - perfect for a dark and stormy night!

Journal Entry 8 by bookfan23 at Controlled Release in Vineland, New Jersey USA on Friday, October 31, 2003
Released on Friday, October 31, 2003 at via USPS to a friend in Vineland, New Jersey USA.

This is going out to a fellow horror trader. Enjoy! Happy Halloween!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, November 21, 2003
Conversations get a little confusing as to who was speaking and the story could have been explained a bit better but still an interesting read.

CAUGHT IN VINELAND NJ UNITED STATES

Journal Entry 10 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Tuesday, December 16, 2003
Got this today! And finished it tonight! LOL

Not one of Laymon's best, but it is still a fun read. I kept feeling like I was watching a really cheesy horror film from the early 80s. And what is up with that ending? I kept checking to make sure I wasn't missing any pages or something.

This one will soon be on its way to Jaremeister. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, shadowwolff.

(Paperback, 200)

From the back cover:

A standard well-fitted-out bathroom: tiles, towelling rugs on the floor, towels on heated rails, mirrored medicine cabinet above the basin, a laundry basket in one corner, and the usual litter of plastic bottles and aerosols.

Rubbing the fatigue out of his eyes, he lifted the toilet seat. And saw the water, pink-tinged, saw the head staring up at him with empty eye-sockets, the grey hair floating, shifting as though troubled by a slow current.

Retching and gagging, his hand clamped desperately over his mouth, he lurched across to the shower curtain, ripped it aside and doubled up over the bath. And saw the naked torso, the arms and legs severed and laid out neatly round it as though for some grotesque kit inspection...

Journal Entry 11 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Monday, December 29, 2003
Laymon in the mail is the sweetest thing I can find! Thanks for sending it on, mellion108 and thanks so much for starting this ray, shadowwolff!!!

Journal Entry 12 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Wow! This was so fast-paced, I dared not blink. Very much a Laymon novel, that's for sure. I've read so much about how many in this journal entry and other reviews hated the ending.. I do agree that it was very abrupt, but I actually enjoyed it. Combine the abrupt ending with the fast pace and action of the book, it's kind of like a train wreck... greusome, harsh, and over in a flash!

SPOILER space, drag your mouse across below to read spoilers!

Sam ending up with Melodie at the end did kind of piss me off, but then again, I wasn't really surprised. I was sad that Cynthia got it though. Eric making the choice he made was very typical of a Laymon teen (think of the kid in Endless Night, after all), no surprises their either.

This will be available for bookring soon...

Journal Entry 13 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Thursday, September 29, 2005
BOOKRING time!

Shipping 10-08-2005

The list:
mwade78 CA, USA
wolfprincess OH, USA
jennifer671 SC, USA --not answering PM's.

* = will ship internationally

Journal Entry 14 by mwade78 from Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Thank you Jare, I got this today. Will sit down and read it hopefully can have it out this weekend. I'll post when I release it.

Journal Entry 15 by wolfprincess from Newton Falls, Ohio USA on Monday, January 23, 2006
The book arrived saturday and I got it done on Sunday. It was a good quick read. I will get the book mailed of on Saturday when I go to the post office next. I want to thank you for letting me read the book.

Journal Entry 16 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, February 26, 2006
Received this in the mail over the weekend, thank you for returning it, and thanks to everyone who has participated! I may re-read it again soon, and may be setting it free before too long.

//// UPDATE 02-27 I sat up and reread my favorite parts last night... will be releasing this in the wild soon now!

Journal Entry 17 by wingjarewing at Kinko's on Lousiana Near I-40 in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, March 25, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (3/25/2006 UTC) at Kinko's on Lousiana Near I-40 in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Will leave the book by one of the internet computers... enjoy!