Selected Poems (Everyman)

by DYlan Thomas | Poetry |
Registered by mafarrimond of Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on 12/10/2011
Journal Entry 1 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, December 10, 2011
Dylan Thomas was born in Swansea on 27 October 1914, the son of a senior English master. On leaving school he worked on the South Wales Evening Post before embarking on his literary career in London. Not only a poet, he wrote short stories, film scripts, features and radio plays, the most famous being Under Milk Wood. On 9 November 1953, shortly after his thirty-ninth birthday, he collapsed and died in New York city. He is buried in Laugharne, Carmarthenshire, which had become his main home since 1949. In 1982 a memorial stone to commemorate him was unveiled in 'Poet's Corner' in Westminster Abbey.

Journal Entry 2 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/10/2011 UTC) at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom

Due to my father's illness and subsequent death, I was unable to post out packsges for the birthday group for which I am very sorry.

As recompense, I am trying to send out a wishlist book and a little something to each of the members.

Hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, December 18, 2011
You really, really shouldn't have. The birthday group dus not come with obligations.
But in your case it does seem to come with very good taste :-) so ... thank you very very much ! Thomas is my all-time favourite poet !

Journal Entry 4 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, December 08, 2018
Read it .. Loved it ...
Read it again... , loved it again ...

Now this book is ready to find a new reader :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, December 17, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/17/2018 UTC) at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Goeie reis !

Journal Entry 6 by Anneke15 at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, December 17, 2018
Dit boek is via BLOEDENGEL bij me terechtgekomen. Binnenkort mag het boek zijn reis verder gaan zetten.

Journal Entry 7 by Anneke15 at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, January 14, 2019

Released 2 days ago (1/14/2019 11:00 AM UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Doorgegeven aan kwatje voor een meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkwatjewing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, January 15, 2019