Sabriel

by Garth Nix | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by MKtiny of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 12/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by MKtiny from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 9, 2011
Who will guard the living when the dead arise...?

Sabriel is the daughter of the mage Abhorsen. Ever since she was a tiny child, she has lived outside the Wall of the Old Kingdom - far away from the uncontrolled power of Free Magic, and away from the dead who won't stay dead.

But now her father is missing and Sabriel is called upn to cross back into that world to find him. Leaving the safety of the school she has known as home, Sabriel embarks upon a quest fraught with supernatural dangers, with companions she is unsure of - for nothing is as it seems within the boundary of the Old Kingdom. There she confronts an evil that threatens much more than her life, and comes face to face with her hidden destiny...

Journal Entry 2 by MKtiny at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Off on a ring, participants as follows:

R4Andre - Portugal, EU posting
Dancesports - Australia - International posting
carelaisa - Canada - US/Canada posting
Rrrcarron - US - international posting
elidanora - Argentina

Links to the next books in the Spiral:

Book 2. Lirael: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10404683

Book 3. Abhorsen: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10404696

Journal Entry 3 by R4Andre at Celorico da Beira, Guarda Portugal on Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Received it today. I will read it now.

JemmaJ feel free to PM me your adress.

Journal Entry 4 by R4Andre at Celorico da Beira, Guarda Portugal on Friday, February 10, 2012
The book is great. Not heavy fantasy, but heavy enough. The world division in the book's realm is brilliant.

Journal Entry 5 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Not what I expected!

PMed Tsjara ready for address!

Journal Entry 6 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Arrived here safely. Thanks for sending JemmaJ!
I'll start this as soon as I have finished the book I'm reading (The Last Knight by Hilari Bell - also a teen fantasy book.. don't want to get confused :p).
Thanks MKtiny for organizing the bookring!

Journal Entry 7 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Loved it! I couldn't put it down. A very nice 'good vs evil-save the world-adventure' story. Lots of action, and not too much detail (about the fantasy world - which often makes for boring reading) but still enough to make it feel like a fully realised world. Oh, and there is a bit of romance too.
The main characters are very likeable. Sabriel is a strong and smart heroine, and Mogget is adorable (even if he isn't actually a cat and often grumpy). Hmm.. and I wonder what Touchstone's real name is (did I miss it?).
Looking forward to the next book and more of Sabriel's adventures. :)

Journal Entry 8 by Tsjara at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (7/11/2012 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Now on its way to lunatum (together with another bookring).
Hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The book arrived today. I have two ring books ahead of this?

Journal Entry 10 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Monday, August 20, 2012
I haven't read much fantacy lately, but I absolutely loved this book. Thank you for organizing the spiral! I PMed for address today (I thought that it will take longer to read this, but I just couldn't put the book down...), I hope I'll get it before my holiday begins.

Journal Entry 11 by winglunatumwing at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Friday, September 14, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (9/14/2012 UTC) at Savukoski, Lappi / Lappland Finland

I sent the book forward.

Journal Entry 12 by Dancesports at Petcheys Bay, Tasmania Australia on Friday, October 18, 2013
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize that I hadn't journal led this book when it arrived, I am sorry I have had it so long. The good news is I have read the book and it will be moving on again. I really enjoyed the book and found it easy to read, I will be moving on to the next one very soon.

Journal Entry 13 by Dancesports at BOOKRING, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/13/2013 UTC) at BOOKRING, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On it's way to the next reader in Canada

Journal Entry 14 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, November 25, 2013
The book arrived here today!

Looking forward to read it - I will do my best to not take too long to do so!

Thanks MKtiny for sharing it with us and Dancesports for sending it my way!

Journal Entry 15 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Sunday, December 22, 2013
It’s been days since I finished reading it and I’m still divided about it. On one hand I liked the supernatural/fantastical side of the story, but it felt like something that doesn’t exist. It didn’t make me feel that the real world and the supernatural world were intertwined, like it were supposed to. The writing is ok but didn’t not always compelled me getting into the story, as some other authors would do in a heartbeat. Overall, it’s an average book and I don’t agree with the others on the covers that say otherwise.

I'll pm the next reader and send this book after the holidays.

EDIT: the book is finally moving to the last reader, on Feb 11th, as I was unable to get in tough with rrrcaron. It's travelling visa surface mail though...

It arrived today. I´ll be reading it ASAP and then send it to the next in line.

Released 7 yrs ago (10/7/2014 UTC) at Correo Argentino, Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina

Sorry for the delay. The book is travelling now.
Thanks for Sharing!

Journal Entry 18 by MKtiny at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 13, 2014
Thanks to elidanora for sending Sabriel home safe and sound. It's fantastic that she has been on such a long journey and been enjoyed by so many people. Thank you to everyone who took part.