Trying To Save Piggy Sneed

by John Irving | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 12/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, December 8, 2011
1996 Arcade hardcover, with dust jacket, of the story collection, 1968-1995. I bought this copy today for 25 cents from the sale shelf at Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1968 Setting Free the Bears [read 2009]
1993 My Dinner at the White House (short story) [read 2022]
1994 A Son of the Circus [read 2022]
1995 The Imaginary Girlfriend (novella) [read 2022]
1995 An Introduction to A Christmas Carol (essay) [read 2022]

Edit August 5, 2022: These were very good, but I just skimmed to end for time on the later ones. His mini auto-biography about wrestling was good here, and the sport was always interesting as a recurring theme in his early work, and his commentary notes about writing it during a physical rehabilitation was very amusing. He became one of my favorite authors many years ago, so I tracked down all his early work and read it, for much enjoyment. But I only have time to skim these days, so I miss most of his layered impact in these current browses, sadly. In a perfect life, I would have much time, and perfect eyesight, and would not doze off in my comfy chair just when it is time to read all the good stuff.

Released 1 wk ago (8/6/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library at 3900 Maybelle Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

The Big Tech cabal is all about shadow-banning narrative agenda suppression against real freedom truth-tellers, but please look her up anyway on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube, etc., and make a compassionate judgment. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.