The Devil Wears Prada

by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0007241917 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLakritzschneckewing of Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on 11/28/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingLakritzschneckewing from Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, November 28, 2011
"Whe nAndrea first sets foot in the plush Manhattan offices of Runway she knows nothing. She's never heard of the world's most fashionable magazine, or its feared and fawned-over editor, Miranda Priestley.
Soon she knows way too much.
She knows it's sacking offence to wear less than a three-inch heel to work - but there's always a fresh pair of Manolos in the accessories cupboard.
She knows that eight stone is fat. That you can charge anything - cars, manicures, clothes - to the Runway account, but you must never leave your desk, or let Miranda's coffee get cold. That at 3 am, when your boyfriend's dumping you because you're always working and your best friend's just been arrested, if Miranda phones with her latest unreasonable demand, you jump.
Most of all, Andrea knows that Miranda is a monster boss who makes Cruella de Vil look like a fluffy bunny. But this is her big break, and it's all going to be worth it in the end.
Isn't it?"

Didn't enjoy it that much. Too much talking about the inside of the fashion industry (which micht be interesting for people who are into fashion much more than I am). I was expecting a big bang from Andrea, but it never happened.
The Devil wears Prada was made into a big movie a few years ago.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLakritzschneckewing at Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (12/5/2011 UTC) at Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany

als Wunschlistenbuch auf dem Weg zu BerlinBookworm - Viel Spaß damit!

Journal Entry 3 by BerlinBookworm at Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Sunday, December 11, 2011
Thanks for this RABCK, Lakritzschnecke. I saw the movie when it came out and always wanted to read the book it was based on. It reminded me of some of the internships I suffered through when I was a student ...

Journal Entry 4 by BerlinBookworm at Amman, Amman Jordan on Saturday, June 10, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/10/2017 UTC) at Amman, Amman Jordan

Passed on to a prospective bookcrosser. Enjoy! Hope you join the community!