At The Stroke Of Madness

by Kava, Alex | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0778320553 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 11/23/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Synopsis:
"FBI Special Agent Maggie O'Dell is just starting a vacation when she gets a call from her friend, psychologist Dr. Gwen Patterson. One of Gwen's patients is missing on a trip to Connecticut. Can Maggie look into Joan Begley's disappearance?

At first Maggie dismisses Gwen's concern. But when the body of a woman is discovered in an abandoned rock quarry in Connecticut, Maggie heads to the small town on "unofficial" business. Soon the shocking news surfaces that more bodies have been discovered, and Maggie is drawn into a case that confounds both local law enforcement and a seasoned criminal profiler like herself.

But where is Joan Begley? Is she in fact the woman discovered buried in the quarry? Or is she the unwilling guest of a killer obsessed with possessing an unimaginable prize from his victims?"

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, April 23, 2020
Another nice read in the Maggie O'Dell-series. I like her, she reminds me a bit of Wallander. A lot of complications in her (character), but she tries not to let that get in the way of her hunt for the person she is hunting for.
This time the killer collects imperfections of his victims. Boy, how do you think of that as a writer! I found it to be an interesting read that kept my attention very well.

Released 2 mos ago (4/24/2020 UTC) at Paddy O'Ryan. Irish pub in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

In the green bookcase outside the side entrance of Paddy's.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.